• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Need photos/info on 1 piece fiberglass front clip

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Guys, my one piece clip is driving me nuts, I have seen that some people have mounted them in reverse where they open from the front instead of the flip forward way the are normally mounted. Does anyone have photos of how they mounted the hinges for the reverse mount? I have an idea of how I can pull it off, but I would like to see what other people have done. As well, did you use pins to latch the front or did you actually add a latch to secure it from flipping forward.

I want to change it because getting any kind of aftermarket bumper on it is currently impossible and I can forget about a wench, until I fix it.

OP
OP
L

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
No one? I could have swore some of you guys where running the one piece clips mounted in reverse. I could really uses some ideas on this one.

ol gray mare

The trucks where I used to work had tilt front ends. They also had snowplow harnesses on the front. They cut a section of the grille out and it remained on a frame attached to the radiator brackets as the rest of the front end tilted forward.

OP
OP
L

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
The trucks where I used to work had tilt front ends. They also had snowplow harnesses on the front. They cut a section of the grille out and it remained on a frame attached to the radiator brackets as the rest of the front end tilted forward.

I thought about doing that, just cut the grill and attach it to the radiator support, so that the center is hollowed out, but I still think it would be hard to clear a wench, heavy duty bumper and some running lights. I saw some pics one time of someone who mounted it in reverse where it opened like a traditional hood, I was hoping someone had that set up and could post some photos oh the hinges and bolts that they used.

OP
OP
L

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
Get rid of the one piece? Not the cheapes alternative but it is an idea ;)

Yeah, the way it is mounted is a huge draw back, but if I can mount it the other way, I actually think I will prefer it, working on the truck is a breeze with that front end, you just flip it up and you can get to any part of the engine. I would like to see how I like it reverse mounted and then if I still hate it I will swap it out.