• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

need info on this rear bumper and spare tire carrier

T-Bird

Loc.
East TN
This is probably a long shot. They are probably not made anymore, but I would like them for my 66 since I can't find a factory 66 bumper. Any info on these would be greatly appreciated.
Terry

335687_945c1ab161_low_res_zpsw7p2aiud.jpg

nickgp

Bronco Guru
More than likely, you are right that it is not available anymore. May even be a one off unit. Pretty nice looking. If you are stuck on having one , you may have to build it.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
The bumper looks like what I would consider to be a fairly common rear bumper from when the truck was new. I've seen numerous ones like it on Broncos and pickups of the era.

The tire carrier looks well constructed but I think it's a one-off. Based on that bracket on the quarter panel, it appears to operate similarly to the old General Technology units which had an additional pivot behind the tire that allowed it to swivel and attach to the quarter panel fairly easily.

Todd Z.

Attac

Contributor
I believe I have the tire carrier in a bunch of stuff I bought from a guy who had restored about 8 66-69 Broncos. The carrier was kind of odd because it had the flat steel brackets unlike other bronco carriers I had seen. I thought it was maybe off a scout or jeep. I don't remember seeing the quarter panel bracket but it may be in a box of parts. I will look after the weekend and see

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I had a similar bumper on my 67 when I got it. Very heavy with the wrap around corners. I swear it weighed 100lbs. And the way it wraps around the rear corners it rubbed the fenders badly, down to bare metal. My bronco came from Oregon so I don't know if it was a dealer option or something added by a previous owner but from the fender rubbing and the fun time getting the bolts off it had been on a long time. I scraped mine years ago. Good luck.