• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

mpg method

cs_88

Bronco Guru
I have used Broncos as my daily driver in the past and found myself only caring about gas mileage in regard to when I needed to fill it up.
I enjoyed them too much to care about fewer miles per gallon.

You should remind yourself to always enjoy driving your Bronco, if you want to obsess about gas mileage drive a Prius.

You must make more than me.

EB70

Contributor
When my 70 had a 3-speed, 3.54's and 33" AT tires I could squeak 16 MPG out of it. But that was a longer trip and driving mellow.

Then I went and put 4.56's and 37's on it. Long gone are the days of 16.

I will say that tire size and type as well as speed have a lot to do with it. I have a 2013 Ford F-150, bigger lift and 35's. At 55-60 with the mellower tires I could get close to 15 under ideal conditions.

Now with more aggressive, heavy tires driving the same I get 1-1.5 MPG less.

I love the Toyo MT's, but they didn't help my MPG any. However they helped everything else.