• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

James Duff suspension help

Jolly Roger

Any good youtube videos on installing a James Duff monster suspension with 4 link? I've searched but haven't found anything.

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not that I've seen. When I had questions I called Monster Mike and he helped me out.

There are pics and details of how I did it in my build thread in my sig.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Monster Mike put that suspension on for a young man about a year or two ago maybe 3 years ago. It was documented very well here on classicbroncos. Com and may very well be posted somewhere on James Duff's website

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Monster Mike put that suspension on for a young man about a year or two ago maybe 3 years ago. It was documented very well here on classicbroncos. Com and may very well be posted somewhere on James Duff's website

If I remember they put a lot of it on FB too.

Maybe I mentioned this in my build thread but the hardest part of it for me was a.) locating the axle exactly where you wanted it, b.) without moving the axle at all, fitting and temporarily installing the axle truss onto the axle and c.) without moving the axle at all put the four heavy arms on the truss and clamp the frame mounts to the frame for measuring. I redid the truss on axle location a couple times in an attempt to get it closer than where it was.

Then there was figuring-out exactly where the axle was supposed to go before even starting the above. We ended-up tacking an angle on the frame perfectly square to the frame for all our measurements and that made it easier. I'm sure it's like anything--the second time you do it it's easier.

OP
OP
J

Jolly Roger

If I remember they put a lot of it on FB too.

Maybe I mentioned this in my build thread but the hardest part of it for me was a.) locating the axle exactly where you wanted it, b.) without moving the axle at all, fitting and temporarily installing the axle truss onto the axle and c.) without moving the axle at all put the four heavy arms on the truss and clamp the frame mounts to the frame for measuring. I redid the truss on axle location a couple times in an attempt to get it closer than where it was.

Then there was figuring-out exactly where the axle was supposed to go before even starting the above. We ended-up tacking an angle on the frame perfectly square to the frame for all our measurements and that made it easier. I'm sure it's like anything--the second time you do it it's easier.

If you want to do it a second time come on down to NC lol!!!

rpmgarage22

Craig is correct...

We showcased a lot of the install on Sniper on the FB page. There was not much video of the action though...mostly still photos.

I know a great shop that would be happy to use your Bronco to do the video install! Of course, that would only help the next guy!;D