• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

It Broke....carb/ throttle linkage.

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
This happened a while ago and I am getting around to asking for help. The little rod that goes from the brackect on the friewall to the carb itself, bent. And when I was striaghtening it out...broke. Are there any cheap replacements? or does anyone happen to have an extra one they are willing to sell cheap?

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Wouldn't it be faster to just weld it or braze it back together ? Get yourself a little piece of tubing and use it as a sleave, put both ends in there and weld it up. Not only is it faster but the tubing will make it stronger and not so easy to bend. :) just a thought :)

OP
OP
TexasBronco

TexasBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Waterford, MI
I may try that. And secondly where can you get more of the clips that hold it in place, I kinda messed those up taking it off too.

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
TexasBronco said:
And secondly where can you get more of the clips that hold it in place, I kinda messed those up taking it off too.
Your local parts store may have them in the HELP section. If not check a local Mustang parts place. Same clips for door latches and locks.

Bronco Sport

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW Portland, Oregon
I got those clips from my local Napa store. They rod size was a bit small, so I had to drill them to fit. Take in the old rod to check the size... they have many different sizes.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
do you still need the linkage or did you fix yours? i still have it if someone wantd it or it's going in the big green can.

4byford

Loc.
Yucca Valley CA
73stallion said:
do you still need the linkage or did you fix yours? i still have it if someone wantd it or it's going in the big green can.
I could use that linkage if you still have it- It may be a couple weeks before I can get down that way, though.

Thanks-

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D I have made meney from 3/16" welding rod (gas) and they work fine. The stock typ ard a hard steel and dont take to to much bending they just snap unless you heat first then you can work them any way you want .:p :p :p Bill :cool: %) :p