• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Improved dual battery setup

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I wasn't happy with my Optima dual battery setup cabling. I had positive cables going to both the top post and the side post on the auxiliary battery, mostly to address the crossover to the primary battery and the winch, but also some accessories like the air compressor and six shooter.

As it happened I felt that the side post exposed terminals were dangerously close to the wild horses optima battery tray. I know the battery is held securely but I still didn't like the clearance.

The negative side was / is no problem as it is going to a chassis ground, so there's only one connection to each Optima negative.

I ordered this terminal block on Amazon and I think it's going to work out great. It cleans up the connections nicely. All I believe I need now is a rubber sheet on the driver side inner fender well to provide some additional protection for the positive terminal.

Attachments

• 20231129_170121.jpg
    20231129_170121.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 87

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice little bit there. I love all the electrical/battery accessories that you can get these days. Many driven by the aftermarket audio builds.
Got pics, of what it was like before the new part install?

Paul

OP
OP
Johnnyb

Johnnyb

Contributor
Loc.
Flagstaff
I am really getting to love the six shooter. Much cleaner than a bunch of accessories with individual fuses all mounted to a battery Post.
I put momentary contacts on two of the six shooter switches for my winch, then compressor, ARB, and lights and have one to spare.
Nonetheless I need 12V+ to the six shooter 12v+ to the compressor and 12v+ to the winch, plus a crossover to the painless dual battery kit.
This little gizmo from Amazon made it all very clean.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I am really getting to love the six shooter. Much cleaner than a bunch of accessories with individual fuses all mounted to a battery Post.
I put momentary contacts on two of the six shooter switches for my winch, then compressor, ARB, and lights and have one to spare.
Nonetheless I need 12V+ to the six shooter 12v+ to the compressor and 12v+ to the winch, plus a crossover to the painless dual battery kit.
This little gizmo from Amazon made it all very clean.

Good to hear :)