• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

im an idiot

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Bought my second EB without a title (He couldn't find it). He kept making excuses about why he couldn't locate it, so I started digging. Found a previous owner who said, "Where's my damned Bronco." Turns out the kid I bought it from had taken it on a stroll through a city park and did extensive damage. The old man's tags were still on it, so they came and found him. It all worked out in the end, but what a pain in the butt. Bronco Idiot Here!

U13FL735

OK those are all good. How about this...I bought a 66 in 71, 16 years old, drove it for 5 months, rolled it, tried to fix/hot rod it, took it all apart and basically wrecked most of what was left, then left it scattered all over the place for 45+ years....Just starting now to try make things right...

jim3326

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Appleturkey
like i said before i just bought this bronco from a family friends son, i have not gotten the title yet, but after someone on here told me they didnt make a half cab in 1976 , when i got of work this morning i checked vin number and it only had a 11 numbers and letters, looked inside drivers door jam and sticker is still there made 10/71. also found out vin number starts out u15glm so that made it a regular bronco i believe- so someone did change it to a half cab. it has 1 repaint about 15 years ago,and is rust free . i will post pictures after i become a contributor in next few days.

My name's Jim, I'm an Idiot.
I bought my second Bronco before I was adequately educated. Was told it was a'66 halfcab with a rebuilt 200 and a paint job done by a guy that has had a lot of his cars go through Barrett Jackson. Only truth in the above sentence- it is a '66 with a 200.

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
OK those are all good. How about this...I bought a 66 in 71, 16 years old, drove it for 5 months, rolled it, tried to fix/hot rod it, took it all apart and basically wrecked most of what was left, then left it scattered all over the place for 45+ years....Just starting now to try make things right...

I'm grabbin' some popcorn to watch this one..... Please keep us posted, interesting back story!

broncochevy

Loc.
Orcutt, CA
Well since you guys are all going in front of me, hi my name is James and I am also an idiot. What makes me special or maybe more special than some, is that I am on Bronco number six right now. Yes I have bought and sold five Broncos. At one point I was upgrading Bronco‘s, a feted out 1975 first vehicle to a less rusted out 77, to a nicer 73 with Toploader four speed to and almost equally rust free 1973 with an automatic and all stock ranger package; all sold and gone by the wayside. Then it in a feeble attempt to resurrect the Bronco bug, I Began downgrading. I took our 1970 ranch Bronco and started to rebuild it as it was in less than desirable condition. Now I’m on to the previous Ranch Bronco, more of a parts bronco than is it in the worst shape. Price on broncos went up and wife, kids, house, etc makes the wallet a little on the thin side. And 2 lost titles both from family.