• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Golf Trophy EB

AZ73

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice! But "The Charles Schwab Bronco?"

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
very cool Bronco, but the article reads like one of my high school papers where I had to reach the 1,000-word requirement :)

OP
OP
Bajabrewer

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm not a fan of the writing style it leaves me with more questions than answers & really doesn't tell me anything? Did he win the tournament? Who really built the Bronco? Charles Schwab branding? Anyways I did just notice they used his jacket pattern for the interior material. More pictures & less words would tell me a lot more.

Quick & Dirty

These types of articles are now often written by A.I. Give it some key phrases and pictures and it spews out a fairly readable pile of paragraphs. A lot of words that don't say anything.

1buckeyefan1

I'm not a fan of the writing style it leaves me with more questions than answers & really doesn't tell me anything? Did he win the tournament? Who really built the Bronco? Charles Schwab branding? Anyways I did just notice they used his jacket pattern for the interior material. More pictures & less words would tell me a lot more.

Agreed, it's mostly recycled content from somewhere else. You see alot of this where they write a 'story' from posts from the 6G boards now too..

Here's a *slightly* better article for those interested. Classic Ford Broncos (out of Columbus) built it.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/spor...-winner-of-pgas-schwab-challenge/70261052007/

Powell company provides souped-up 1973 Ford Bronco to winner of PGA's Schwab Challenge​

Tim Schmitt
Golfweek

Nate Guess of Classic Ford Broncos in Powell stands in front of the 1973 Ford Bronco that will be awarded to the winner of the 2023 Charles Schwab Challenge in Fort Worth, Texas.

FORT WORTH, Texas — It’s only a few years in the making, but the Charles Schwab Challenge has built a fashionable tradition in giving a souped-up vehicle to the winner.
It started when Kevin Na won in 2019 and gave a glacier-blue 1973 Dodge Challenger to his caddie, and Jason Kokrak has then raved about driving his kids off to school in the renovated, light-blue 1946 Dodge Power Wagon he won in 2021.

After beating Scottie Scheffler in a playoff in 2022, Sam Burns rolled out of Colonial Country Club with a fully restored and modernized 1979 Firebird Trans Am inscribed with the word Schwab in multiple places.

This year, tournament organizers have a real treat for the winner — a fully restored and modernized 1973 Schwab Bronco. The outfit that handled the restoration is Classic Ford Broncos of Powell, and the company’s director of sales and operations was on hand last week to show off the vehicle. Emiliano Grillo, of Argentina, won the tournament in a playoff over American Adam Schenk.

OP
OP
Bajabrewer

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Agreed, it's mostly recycled content from somewhere else. You see alot of this where they write a 'story' from posts from the 6G boards now too..

Here's a *slightly* better article for those interested. Classic Ford Broncos (out of Columbus) built it.
Yes, that is a much better article. It answers Who, What, Where, When, Why & How. I'm still not a fan of the Schwab on the grill or the interior but now I understand more of why they did what they did. I'm kind of surprised they didn't include some trick club holders in behind the rear seat or maybe they did & just didn't show it.

Thanks for posting that.