• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fuel System Bad Gas

broncosam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got a tank of bad gas in my 74 Bronco, don't know yet if it's just water/moisture or some crud from the bottom of the inground tank at the gas station. What do you guys suggest to clear this up? I plan on emptying the tank, and blowing out the fuel lines, and installing new fuel filter, but should I drop the tank and clean the inside of it as well? It has the factory rear tank on it.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Drain the tank, Drop the tank, put a little piece of chain and small of diesel fuel and shake it around to clean, blow out the lines and new filter and replace the filter sock on the pick up cause it is gone

The tank unless done before has 47 years of mess it, one less thing to worry about in the future