• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Factory options for 1966 interior color

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I was once in doubt that Ford ever did in the Pony interior, but now I am a believer. I have seen many rear seats with the Pony covers and more recently the late '66 with a 289 that auctioned in Oregon last Sunday. It was a good example of the Pony interior. It also had several other very interesting things like a parchment dash, parchment armrest front and rear, parchment door panels, and of course the Pony interior instead of the grey and silver interior. I think Ford was in late '66 with the introduction of the 289 in the Bronco was looking more to the "Sport" theme, and then the "Sport" was introduced a few months later with the '67. My .02 cents anyway.....

HELP !!!

Looking at a V8 ~ U13NL8875xx and its got the "pony" front and rear seats !!!

Original owner passed away and grandson dosent know much about it !!!

I was under the impression that the silver seats was the only option in 66 ?!?!? anyone ever found any documentation on possible pony seats option in late 66 ???

thanks
Franko

Attachments

• imagejpeg_pp.jpg
    imagejpeg_pp.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 60
  • imagejpeg_pi.jpg
    imagejpeg_pi.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 51

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
HELP !!!

Looking at a V8 ~ U13NL8875xx and its got the "pony" front and rear seats !!!

Original owner passed away and grandson dosent know much about it !!!

I was under the impression that the silver seats was the only option in 66 ?!?!? anyone ever found any documentation on possible pony seats option in late 66 ???

thanks
Franko

No factory documentation, but we've seen enough now to know they were a "thing". Definite timeline of when they were offered (yours falls in that timeline).

Tim (eaglenest66) is compiling data on them, I'd PM him and let him know what you have.

Todd Z.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
No factory documentation, but we've seen enough now to know they were a "thing". Definite timeline of when they were offered (yours falls in that timeline).

Tim (eaglenest66) is compiling data on them, I'd PM him and let him know what you have.

Todd Z.

thanks todd !!! he knows of it !!!( got 5 pms from him to sell it ) per Tim his ran of the assembly line maybe 15 min behind this one !!! lol ( minus the last 2 numbers --- identical vin )

now that you mention him ....guess I reply / give him a call ..... I don't care for any of the U13s , but know better then just to offer it to anyone !!!! this one should go to a U13 expert not just being chopped / hacked into something it never was and flipped 3 times !!!

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
An original Pony interior '66 U13?? 1 of 1 for sure! Wow!
taking to Tim for hours ...and well , NO def not a 1 od 1 !!!

turns out he got I list of a bunch of late 66 U13s that have the pony interior !!!

but I let him chime in on that !!!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
taking to Tim for hours ...and well , NO def not a 1 od 1 !!!

turns out he got I list of a bunch of late 66 U13s that have the pony interior !!!

but I let him chime in on that !!!

Interesting! Still very desirable and rare. ;D

Yes, TMI makes the pony upholstery for the buckets. It's in the Mustang section. No one makes it for the Bronco rear bench that I'm aware of. You could possibly have one made from a Mustang rear seat cover? I put mine in a half cab so I didn't have to contend with the rear seat issue. I wonder if any "delivery" models were produced with Pony buckets and rear seat delete??? Or a Pony front bench???