• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Exhaust - with long tubes and np205?

hammer

Bronco Guru
Trying to figure out what to do with my exhaust. I'm running long tubes and a np205. Not alot of room down there. Is a 2 into 1 an option with long tubes? Anyone run this setup? How'd you do it?

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
I have that same setup. I ran the driver side across to the pass side and into a 2-1 muffler, then out the back. It was tight, but works.

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
I have that same setup. I ran the driver side across to the pass side and into a 2-1 muffler, then out the back. It was tight, but works.

Are you happy with it? What muffler are you running? Anything you'd do different? Any pics?

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
I'm also tossing around the idea of making cut outs in the frame on a 45, welding a tube in that will allow the exhaust to pass through the frame, then running the mufflers between the rockers and the frame. Not sure how these would dump out, maybe just out the front of the rear wheel well, not sure.

What do you guys think of something like that?

PaulickExh4.jpg

wmebframe.jpg

zeeman1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Seattle
I think that is a cool idea as long as you can get the tube in there right to maintain the structural integrity of your frame. Without a muffler in there that would open things up and make working on your drive-train easier.

I actually do like the way it is run. Nothing hits on anything, and it's reasonably quiet.

matt2500

with my long tubes and np205 with stock D44 i made it work
DSCN3083.jpg

as soon as i put in the full width 44 i had to toss the long tubes and remake the exhaust with mustang shorties and still had clearance issues with the front drive shaft when using 2.5" tubing

Last edited:
OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the pic matt. Does that run into a 2 into 1?