• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco Custom Cargo bay Tire Rack

OP
OP
partsloco

partsloco

That funny that you say that. When I was putting the tire in I thought it would be easier to be able to put a hinge on the rear. Tire is too big to fit on wheel well. Having the large wheel there creates a minor blind spot when driving.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
If it's right behind the driver's seat, it creates no blind spot and takes up no floor space. Where you have it surely will.

Attachments

• 0311151448.jpg
    0311151448.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 83
OP
OP
partsloco

partsloco

Maybe after this trip I will look at moving it to different spots.

OP
OP
partsloco

partsloco

I just saw your tire picture. That tire looks pretty big. Is that a 33" tire?

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
An interior mount is great for the spare.

...but it sucks for the road tire that comes off the truck when the spare goes onto the ground. Do you really want to load a muddy, dusty, greasy, asphalt-stained blowout into your Bronco's interior?

Swingaway, FTW.

OP
OP
partsloco

partsloco

I'm not to worried about messes in the back. If they tire did pop my primary concern would be to back to Civilization and deal with it then. The exterior paint and body is the last thing I need to dial in. I haven't done it yet because I would be to worried about messing up the expensive paint job. I have pretty much all the stuff I want now. A fuel injected 351W, AOD 4 speed transmission, 4 wheel disc brakes, hydroboost. I guess the last things I would like to get would be a rear bumper with tire carrier and roll cage. I had a roll cage in it before but the thing was dangerous. I got sick of banging my head on it. I normally keep the top on because I travel with guns and need to be able to keep them secure.