• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Early Bronco Coyote build

After 9 months, I am getting close to firing my 2016 F150 Coyote transplant using a stripped down 2016 electrical harness.
I have two PCM wiring issues remaining and could use some help. This is a gen2 5.0, with 6R80 trans with electric TC.
The motorsports control pack PCM Wake up circuit uses a direct 12v feed without the FET circuit. Seems simple enough but I am wondering if anyone has had a PCM problem due to current spikes in that circuit.
I absolutely cannot identify the PCM KAM pinout connection from the detailed wiring diagrams.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
When i get this fired up I will post schematics of my harness mods. Thank you.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Don't know anything about the Coyote swaps (or at least very little) but would not a direct connection to the battery rather than anywhere else in the system reduce or eliminate any spikes? The battery-as-capacitor or whatever the correct term is here, should be the most spike-subdued area of the system I would think.
The battery itself absorbs the spikes and other mischief before it can get out to the component.

In theory at least...

Good luck.

paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And I guess I should ask, what does Ford do in this case? Where does Ford take power from for that circuit?

Or is that part of the information you're having trouble getting from the diagrams?

paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
And I guess I should ask, what does Ford do in this case? Where does Ford take power from for that circuit?

Or is that part of the information you're having trouble getting from the diagrams?

You should definitely ask....