• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Does a fiberglass body decrease a Bronco's value?

crab

Bronco Guru
My best answer is if you like tequila with salt and lime, you don’t like tequila. In pure form, the early bronco is top shelf. Mixed or modified is excepted and appreciated though leaves a sour after taste too many. I’ve never had a headache after drinking Patron. Most people, myself included have a margarita story or two. 1oz shot of Patron $8. 16oz margarita $8. You might get more bang for your buck, but that’s not always a good thing.
Hello, my name is Crab and I’m a Broncoholic ��

Last edited:
OP
OP
bostonbronconut

bostonbronconut

Contributor
Question Asker
Loc.
Wayland, MA
I remember speaking with a buddy about a Bronco I passed on because it was fiberglass and he made the best point: are you looking to sell it in a few years as an investment or drive it for a while?

The dealership/consigner wants $39,995 for the eBay listing I posted but it didn't clear $18,100 on the eBay auction. I've seen the same thing happen with similar auctions.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I remember speaking with a buddy about a Bronco I passed on because it was fiberglass and he made the best point: are you looking to sell it in a few years as an investment or drive it for a while?

The dealership/consigner wants $39,995 for the eBay listing I posted but it didn't clear $18,100 on the eBay auction. I've seen the same thing happen with similar auctions.

our club is hosting May It Forward, May 18th in Gardner, MA. Come on out, will be 50+ Broncos of every choice there. Ask for me and we will show you around....you get a good idea of what you like and what you don't.

txtruk15

Contributor
Loc.
Highland Village, TX
I assume all things equal, fiber is worth less. How much? Who knows. I have had over 10 broncos and all had rust. I built mine to keep forever and the only way I could rationalize it was fiber.

Done right, many people dont know its fiber.

seeing as how we just went through another hailstorm here in DFW, also won't the fiberglass tubs survive better through a hailstorm (assuming we aren't talking big sized hail) with looking like a golf ball afterwards?

tpatton75

Contributor
Just tub is fiberglass rest is steel and no I don’t think it’s worth as much as steel tub but will be in 10 years because steel will be rusted and need redone again

OP
OP
bostonbronconut

bostonbronconut

Contributor
Question Asker
Loc.
Wayland, MA
our club is hosting May It Forward, May 18th in Gardner, MA. Come on out, will be 50+ Broncos of every choice there. Ask for me and we will show you around....you get a good idea of what you like and what you don't.

Dully noted, thanks!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
HOPE YOU can make it! last year's event is currently featured on NESN's Cruisin new England....check it out!