• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Do i need new brake lines for my power brake conversion kit?

aveti

So i just bought the LEEDS Power Front Brake conversion kit from CJ pony. I ordered over the phone and the guy assured me that the brake lines are included in the kit and it should fit right on to my 74 Bronco. I think he’s mistaken and i do need to buy separate/brake lines and not use the previous drum brake lines, but im not sure. The listing on CJ Pony also states that brake lines are not, but the employee reiterated a few times that he seems them in the photo for the listing. Any help?
https://www.cjponyparts.com/leed-brakes-power-front-disc-brake-conversion-kit-bronco/p/FDBC2/

Oldtimer

Contributor
Jr. Member with Sr. moments
Loc.
Sunnyvale, CA
Looking at the instructions from Leed's website, you get the flex hose for each caliper.
You do not get any brake lines that go to master cylinder.
The instructions talk about a "supplied brake line to install the porportiong valve, but I don't see one in the photo.
I also don't see banjo bolts and copper washers in photo of the conversion kit, so there may be a bag of parts not shown.

1705363750542.png

Attachments

• installation-instructions.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
OP
OP
aveti

aveti

Looking at the instructions from Leed's website, you get the flex hose for each caliper.
You do not get any brake lines that go to master cylinder.
The instructions talk about a "supplied brake line to install the porportiong valve, but I don't see one in the photo.
I also don't see banjo bolts and copper washers in photo of the conversion kit, so there may be a bag of parts not shown.

View attachment 917246
Thank you so much, appreciate it.