• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX "Custom" Bronco Hard Top - Save me from myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
This hard top is hideous and the more I look at it the more I like it. It has tons of great head room and whoever built it knew what they were doing when it comes to using this metal material (Like an old travel trailer).

I would keep it, but my wife would find me even more irresistible if I was driving around in a Bronco with THIS hard top, she'd likely drag me into the back and with all the extra head room (ahem), we'd likely conceive another child. You don't want me to have another kid do you? Im already 40, and its gonna be borderline when my kids are in high school whether I am their grandfather or not as it is.

Anyways. This this is bone dry except for one crack that can be repaired. It has carpet and home insulation in it that is falling down, but has steel square tubing around the exterior and all are all in tact.

ALSO....whoever built this masterpiece also used a stock liftgate from an EB hard top and it fits really well.

It's cool, definitely not for everyone, but hey. I actually think it looks cool.

Make a reasonable offer, and come help me get it out of my shop. The liftgate alone has to be worth something to someone.

Attachments

• IMG_5583.jpg
    IMG_5583.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_5584.jpg
    IMG_5584.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_5585.jpg
    IMG_5585.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 393
  • IMG_5586.jpg
    IMG_5586.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_5587.jpg
    IMG_5587.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 326
  • IMG_5588.jpg
    IMG_5588.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 278
  • IMG_5590.jpg
    IMG_5590.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
lol, be careful w/mo kids.. takes away from your bronco funds :)

glwys I'm sure someone wants this unique thing

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
took forever to upload the pics. sorry.

No, I meant, "I can't see you having more kids." Which really translates to "I don't WANT to see you conceiving more kids." :cool:;D

For real tho, this thing has the look of some of the pop up truck campers I see.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Sell me the whole truck. I love it. Prior to conception please. ;)

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
This is one I really want to see through based on how rare she is. 66 U13 with a V8.

No worries. I didn't know it was a rare bird too. Very cool! I just love a worn rig over a shiny one. I like driving 'em. That one would just be a fun new one to scare the neighbors. ;) I wouldn't touch the outside, just dial in the mechanics. It will be bad ass restored if you go that route too. Enjoy and take lots of pictures! :cool:

OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Ugly, but my hat is off to the guy that built the top, it actually looks built quite well!

Yeah, you're correct. It is actually very nice, and fits all the original holes for a hard top.

Look forward to seeing the progress

don't blame ya one bit

Thanks, gonna take a while. Really hoping to find a better 66 donor tub.

No worries. I didn't know it was a rare bird too. Very cool! I just love a worn rig over a shiny one. I like driving 'em. That one would just be a fun new one to scare the neighbors. ;) I wouldn't touch the outside, just dial in the mechanics. It will be bad ass restored if you go that route too. Enjoy and take lots of pictures! :cool:

I am in the same boat as you. I just picked up a 71 half cab that is a driver and not sure I have the heart to tear it all apart and not drive it.

OP
OP
trailerjack

trailerjack

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Central Texas
Bump. If anyone is interested, let me know, if not, I will be taking it to the scrap yard or using it as target practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.