• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Centech w/ existing Explore swap

Tiko433

Contributor
I know just enough to be dangerous
Loc.
South West Florida
I have had my Explore swap running flawless for over a year. I’m the process of installing a Centech harness. I removed my original harness. I was careful to leave what I could of the Explore harness and label what I had to separate from the stock harness. I’m looking for tips from guys who may have gone this route. I got the dash harness installed and moved on to the passenger side to the battery. When I connected the battery and solenoid to confirm I was in the right track I connected the battery to see if it would start.
When I turned the key I noticed the fuel pump did not click on. I have a check engine light, it did not come on. I’m running the Explore 4G with a charge light and and volt gauge , they did not come on. Both those lights are supposed to turn on when the key is on then go off after started.
I really thought my Explore harness being a stand alone system and I connected every back to it It would be Ok.
So for you guys familiar a connecting a Centech to a Explore harness let me known
I talked to Gary the other day and he told me about some areas to check.
97 Explore
Coil packs
EFI guy harness
Explore 4G alt
Gear Reduction starter/ solenoid on stater .
I’m using the stock Bronco solenoid to start everything off.
Just a Not I have not finished the rest of the harness, meaning headlights/taillights I would not think it would effect what I’m troubleshooting now.
My fan, dash lights and wipers work so there is some good news

Last edited:

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Main 12V wire from EFI Guy harness not hooked up to power.

Loss a Grnd wire somewhere?

Possible you lost a fuse(s) for EFI harness?

OP
OP
Tiko433

Tiko433

Contributor
Loc.
South West Florida
Thanks
Is the main 12V wire the one the goes behind the Ignition switch? I believe that wire should be connected to “key hot/start “ I will check my fuse block. Gary said I should see 12v in center wire on the coil pack plug when key is on , it’s not there so I think your right the computer is not even get power.

OP
OP
Tiko433

Tiko433

Contributor
Loc.
South West Florida
Success got it running..., Being I had a gauge pod with a volt light I with using it to excite the ALT. Also I was on the wrong wire on back of key switch... just a note I needed the white wire . On to the headlights