• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carpet molded over floor shifter

ericwilkison

Loc.
Portland
I've been considering installing a carpet kit in my bronco with a 3 speed floor shifter. Does anyone make a moulded carpet that goes over the top of the 3 speed tunnel?

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
Nope! You'll either have to have it made custom or use a cover.

I used an ACC kit and two covers. The first was a fiberglass cover to seal the hole. Sealed with silicon and mounted in place with sheet metal screws before the carpet was installed.

7289633564_a07dc38888_c.jpg

When I installed the carpet I cut a big enough hole to minimize any buckling/gapping in around the cover. The second cover was purely decorative and installed over the first and on top of the carpet to hide the edges where the carpet was cut.

7289638336_0eb6a42030_c.jpg

Basically a poor man's solution to this problem. Here is the whole thing before the seats were installed.

7289636774_00ae13d6fc_c.jpg

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!

gray gables

Nope! You'll either have to have it made custom or use a cover.

I used an ACC kit and two covers. The first was a fiberglass cover to seal the hole. Sealed with silicon and mounted in place with sheet metal screws before the carpet was installed.

7289633564_a07dc38888_c.jpg

When I installed the carpet I cut a big enough hole to minimize any buckling/gapping in around the cover. The second cover was purely decorative and installed over the first and on top of the carpet to hide the edges where the carpet was cut.

7289638336_0eb6a42030_c.jpg

Basically a poor man's solution to this problem. Here is the whole thing before the seats were installed.

7289636774_00ae13d6fc_c.jpg

Good luck with whatever you decide to do!
nice carpet kit, where did you buy it from?

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
nice carpet kit, where did you buy it from?

It's an ACC kit that came from WH. If I had to do it over I might have tried Tom's one piece kit. Fitment was OK every where except the front. If you look closely you can see the silver sound deadener peeking out on each side on near the front kick panels because the carpet didn't extend all the way to where the floor boards and kick panel meet on either side. If you didn't use deadener no one would notice. It becomes more obvious when the metallic side shines through.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
If you buy direct from ACC, they will let the edges run wild on request for complete coverage up the firewall. I'd also ask them about the three speed shifter enclosure. That's a real common mod. ACC seemed real accommodating.