• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Body ready to go on...questions

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
So, body is finally painted. I have questions.
Rolling chassis has running engine, gas tank, fuel line, brake lines, trans, exhaust, drive shafts all in place. Per advice from someone on this site I actually removed the gas tank sending unit and verified my Sherman Tank was good, fuel pickup was in place and I tested the sending unit with my gauge assembly. All that checked good. What else should I install or do before setting the body on the frame? I guess the wiring harness goes on after the body is on. At this point, is there any gotchas if I set the body on? Like, will I be kicking myself because I didn't install something now?
Thanks.

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Make sure you put tape on the holes on the frame that are just below the body mounts behind the seats. If you lose the nut down in the frame it sucks!

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Losing a nut under any circumstances sux.....

OP
OP
JAFO

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Thanks. That does suck. I've had the body bolts off a couple times and think I did drop a nut once. Good advice.

spray1963

Loc.
Boca Raton,FL
It's a lot easier to run the rear chassis wiring harness now and secure it to the frame than it is after the body is on. It is only two connectors up at the firewall to connect it to the main harness once the body is wired.

Scott

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I would think putting in the fuel filler necks before mounting the body would be much easier.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I would think putting in the fuel filler necks before mounting the body would be much easier.

just make sure the clamps screw head face down so after the body is on you can get them off with the body on.

Teal68

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Inlet Beach
Good advice so far, and I'll second installing at least part of the rear harness. The wire the that runs across the rear from tail light to tail light goes into clips that are on the body. It's nearly impossible to get the wire into the clips with that gas tank in the way.