• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Before I Start Drilling Holes in My door Jamb.....

Texas CB

Loc.
Austin
Any advice where to put the Painless wire connectors/pass throughs for speakers? My doorpods just arrived and I have some nice marine grade Polk speakers to put in them. I have the painless connectors sitting here as well.....bu a bit apprehensive of where to drill big honking holes for each. Any advice is appreciated.

I am going to run these 5.25s off the head unit for now but will be getting an amp sooner than later. Not sure where the amp is going to go yet, and not sure if that makes a difference as to where to put the pass throughs- front jamb or rear jamb? While have have done many many home audio projects this will certainly be my first car audio project. Thanks!

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
You can put them in the side of the dash that is next to the door and the door face so they will touch. Easier than going through the double wall of the door post. Or you could use the very bottom of the door facing the floor uprights. Big one on drivers side with the ford logo on it and a very small one on the pass side but doable I think

OP
OP
Texas CB

Texas CB

Loc.
Austin
Use connectors at one end of the wild horses strap... And you still can take the door off

Did you do this already? I was trying to figure out what type of connectors when I first looked into this but ended up with the painless. Since I havent drilled anything yet I am definitely open to suggestions!