• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos/Sherman 23g tank install prep

Cardfan

Loc.
St Louis, MO
Had this never installed tank for my carb 302 sitting for a while. Are there any changes I should make now just in case I switch to efi down the road? Or just worry about it when the time comes? I’m assuming I’ll pull the plate for a quick cleanout, but wonder if I should somehow prepare it for easier EFI change if I ever decided to go that route. Also read about sending unit/gauge issues..is that something that needs addressed prior to install as well?
E5EA5BBB-B23B-479C-A77D-FDAEE43E2FEA.jpeg

Attachments

• 04570BC4-B2CB-459E-BE12-A14A7B61C54C.jpeg
    04570BC4-B2CB-459E-BE12-A14A7B61C54C.jpeg
    132.9 KB · Views: 11

BPerry

Following, I just ordered one of these.
I'm also interested in the gauge setup. Efi conversion should be fairly straightforward with this. I currently run an external pump, but may switch to an internal with this tank...

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
Run it. Now.

That was the "go-to" tank for quite a number of years. It's still a good tank. Install it per the instructions. There is a reason why they tell you to weld the brackets to the unistrut.

If you ever decide to go with in-tank EFI, then that tank is coming back out. There are better fuel sending units available. That one will probably only last 30 years.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
One thing I would recommend is that you make some jumpers of some sort for your sending unit wiring so you can check the accuracy of the sending unit real-time before installing. You might be able to make some tweaks to the shape of the arm to make it a little more accurate before you install the tank for good (I also used to do some adjustments on the back of the fuel gauge itself too.

I ran this tank for about 15 years, I'm guessing. I never did weld the brackets and never had a problem, but I'm just one data point.

Todd Z.