• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ball Joint Eliminator kits

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Last edited:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
My boss (JK owner) came over and showed me those the other day. I had never seen such a thing and I consider myself pretty well-versed on the various parts available out there. It appears they're all made by the American Iron company and it seems like mostly Jeep owners are using them - perhaps because they routinely run bigger tires with their 44s than other vehicles? I passed it along to 2 fellow forum members/mechanical engineers. One remarked that the load-bearing surface of that uniball is actually smaller than the equivalent surface of our balljoints and the other said it looked like a solution in search of a problem :).

Todd Z.

OP
OP
Boss Hugg

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Interesting point. There were two advantages I could see. 1. There is no way a the shaft/ball can pull out of the socket with this because it's got a bolt all the way thru it. I don't see this happening very often with ball joints, but...?? 2. Instead of pressing in and out ball joints and wearing the holes in the C's, you just pull the bolts out and replace the bearings.

I'll have to do more research on the bearing size part. Its a valid potential problem.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’ve heard of the part before, but never bothered to check it out because it wasn’t really a big problem that we have.
But the first link doesn’t seem to work and the second link to the company is not showing it that I can find.
At least from my phone. is there a different link?

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
I'll concur with a solution in search of a problem.

The OTC press that I bought to service universal joints came with the bits needed to also press ball-joints out and back in. I've only done one set with it so far, and I was careful to align the knurling for the lowest effort install.