• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

anyone know of a rust free parts contact for the northeast (pa)

rustfixer

I need some parts for another project Im working on. the biggest thing I need is a 6ft fleet side bed for a 67-72 ford. thanks guys.....

Broncitis

MEB Founder
What are you looking for? Just the bed?

I'm sure you could have found one at Fall Carlisle or Hershey a few weeks ago. There's guys always hauling in trailer loads of beds from out west. None that I now by name from here in PA offhand though.

I know a guy in NC that may have one or be able to help if you're interested.

If you screen name is rustfixer, why not just fix the rusty parts you have? ;D

Sorry, couldn't resist!

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
I used to have a 68 ford fleet side. I needed a driver side bed side I just bought an aftermarket one and grafted it to the old one. Was not a perfect fit but with a little work it looked great. As Broncitis said the swap meets at Carisle are a great place to find that kind of stuff but the next one will be in the spring. You maybe able to find a bed on ebay?

OP
OP
R

rustfixer

THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS! rustfixer, AKA, Zack from Blue Rocks...I tried to get up to carlisle but campground demands prevented me from getting there.........as for fixin what i got, if it was just rust i could handel it but it doesnt have a straight peice on it and already has a ton of body filler in it, plus the inside has a bunch of boogered up pieces welded into the sides and bed rails......Id like to refinish the truck this winter and not spend the whole winter on the bed!:) :) :) I thought about reskining a later model rust free double walled bed, which I have here, but I have never seen the replacement bed sides in person, or in pictures for that matter, so Im not sure that it would work.....if anyone has any pics of some ,that would be cool.....buy the way Im working on a 1970 f 250 crew cab high boy 4x4, it will be my new daily driver when Im done FI 460 5spd w divorced 205, 4.11s. It should be a cool truck to haul the family, and the bronco around in.....

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Hey Zack, good to see you on here!

I'll PM you my parts contact in NC that might be able to help or tell you someone else. He's an oldtimer who has probably been dealing in FoMoCo sheetmetal since before we were born.

I've got a few other numbers for local Ford pickup guys who may have leads as well.

OP
OP
R

rustfixer

hey thanks alot man!!!!! I think thats gonna help me alot .........its definately way more leads than I had.....I will let you know how I make out!;D ;D ;D