• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

CA !966 uncut Not mine night inspection

Status
Not open for further replies.

camp9k

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/cto/4169082283.html

After driving all day to pick up a 1972 tub I saw this add. Im tired but I had to look at it since it was so close to me. There is rust...the floors are bad up front and some patching has been done...the bed is good. all doors and fenders,uncut quarters, grille, hood, tailgate look original and are solid with no damage that I could see. Cowl is a little rusted under the hood but when i ran my hands by the black widows under the dash i could not feel any rust. engine and drivetrain look original. I looks like with a little effort, new gas and a battery you could take it for a ride. Not budging on the price...I tried! The 98% rust free statement in the craigslist ad could really piss a guy off if he had to drive far to see it. For a guy willing to do a total restoration and replace rockers floors and aprons it might be a good project.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Too bad on the price.. could definitely be a nice rig

Cabilliardclub

Loc.
hayward, Ca
Warning

Stay away from this guy!!! I went there personally and got him to sell for 3500. Got him down on price because he was full of shit in his ad. Was ready to give him cash when he told me that there were penalties on DMV at $650. Then I find out that he was not the owner of the bronco. He says it was his grand dads but when I call DMV on phone with the seller present, DMV has heard of neither of them. Then he offers me paying 3000. Good price but walked away because he keep tripping over his own lies.

On a side note, seller said that he drove this rig 3 years ago. Again I had to call bullshit because that rig had been sitting for at least 10 years.

OP
OP
camp9k

camp9k

I drove by the other day and it was gone. I think it sold?

twisted 66

Contributor
Loc.
Norcal-Tracy
Stay away from this guy!!! I went there personally and got him to sell for 3500. Got him down on price because he was full of shit in his ad. Was ready to give him cash when he told me that there were penalties on DMV at $650. Then I find out that he was not the owner of the bronco. He says it was his grand dads but when I call DMV on phone with the seller present, DMV has heard of neither of them. Then he offers me paying 3000. Good price but walked away because he keep tripping over his own lies.

On a side note, seller said that he drove this rig 3 years ago. Again I had to call bullshit because that rig had been sitting for at least 10 years.

You must be from Livermore also, I have seen that thing sit there since high school..

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

Well hopefully no one bought it, if all you say is true.. Glad someone is out there watching out. Too bad people gotta be that way

don't forget to vote

Status
Not open for further replies.