• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'70 Inside Rear View Mirror Size - Stock

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure that I have something in my office that can help me identify the correct mirror for a 1970. The windshield was replaced, and the shop that did it forgot to attach the mirror. (Actually, there is no mount for the mirror either.)

So, I found a suggestion that Scoop offered several years ago on another thread. I'm going to mount it to windshield frame for now.

The question that I have is what size mirror was stock at the time it was built? JBG has 8" and 10" in stock (and 12" out of stock). Possibly not even the same as stock on either.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jeff

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Back to the top.
Are you looking to keep it as accurate as possible for a restoration?
Or is it OK to enhance the view with something larger/better perhaps?

OP
OP
Jeff10

Jeff10

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indianapolis
Hi Paul,

I'm actually trying to get it as together as possible for a sale. It's definitely not a restoration... just a nice build. Alternate suggestions?

And since you replied back, may I ask if you guys carry a master cylinder rod boot for power steering. This is the thread:

https://classicbroncos.com/forums/threads/firewall-grommet-for-brake-rod.264445/

(Hopefully that works. I've lost my touch. Lol)

If I ordered today within the next few hours would it ship today?

Thanks,

Jeff

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Jeff. Sorry for the delay. So much for the part about "if you get the order in the next few hours" thing!
We don't sell the specific boot that comes with the brake kits separately, but I'll check to see if anyone knows of a hidden stash of them laying around.
That angle didn't work out the other day for someone else and a brake clevis, but it was still worth a try.

We do have the Clutch Rod boot #9059 that I think someone mentioned in your other thread.
We also have this "semi-universal" 1.25" diameter polyurethane multi-purpose grommet (try saying that five times fast!) our #3406 that can fit a lot of different scenarios. It's stepped down and can be trimmed to various diameters to accommodate whatever you're running through the panel. It's interlocking section however, is looking for a 1 1/4" hole.
Check it out here: Poly-Grommet Thingy

But yes, the answer to your question earlier is, if you get the order in early we will usually ship the same day.
Lately though we've been having trouble keeping that aspect consistently, so it also never hurts to call in an important order to check your timing, our availability, and more important, the parts availability!
If they can, everyone there will bend over backwards to put out an emergency need order. Especially when it's just a small part and easily packaged and shipped.
But it can be hit-or-miss sometimes. So again, when it's important, best to call.
Don't wait until 2pm our time though!

Paul

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Jeff,

Looks to be 10” for a stock 1970 rear view mirror.

Attachments

• IMG_0984.jpeg
    IMG_0984.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 9

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Good luck with the sale. Let’s see if you finish it up to sell, then fall in love with it all over again!