• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

4 door Bronco body for sale ?

OP
OP
Gsxr7000

Gsxr7000

Contributor
I would think a good fabircatior could section 2 tops to make it fit and look good. The frame you may as well sorce out, but I'm sure it could be done with some welding skills. Then there is the drivetrain. I'm not sure what all would need to be done there.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I would think a good fabircatior could section 2 tops to make it fit and look good. The frame you may as well sorce out, but I'm sure it could be done with some welding skills. Then there is the drivetrain. I'm not sure what all would need to be done there.

I've sold two relatively junk tops over the years that weren't worth restoring in my opinion. Both guys who purchased them wanted them to cut up so they could use sections to lengthen their own tops. I've seen several people here on the board cut a hard top down to half cab size. I guess they sometimes get lengthened as well.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
many (in isolated places) over the yrs.
One guy seemed to produce them ina
Denver dwn twn garage for yrs ('80s &
90's) in more numbers than the others
(usually one offs).
Forgot the name (is in my archive I bet).

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
I wish someone would do it right rather than the lazy way and reform the lower rear corner of the back doors with a cutout to fit with the rear wheel well. That would look SOOO much better than looking like a cheesy limousine.

I just don't understand the companies with the equipment and know how to do better and this is the best they come up with.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
whazat? U want the rocker panel to go back further?
Sorry, dont follow U. Can U say it again, more detail
(or 'another way’?)

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
:cry: done that in late ‘80s. Had all sold'n parts for the 1 I kept by early ‘90s when the things really started to climb in $ as the net built.
Unfortunatly the 3 or 4 sold went for pretty low costs compaired to today, or even pre-covid. Now any are pegged to market by age cohort. Live’n lern. Right now it’s the (ugly) malase era stangs. I’ve been sellin them for 6, 8 yrs and am due to end for nxt cohort in nxt coupla yrs. They’ll want ‘90s for a few yrs. That will hold my interest thru whole projects as I likea fox4, new age, areo, 4th/5th gen. etc. May B like the 1st gen bronk I’ll keep 1 and retire? May B 4 the ‘80s go back to trucks? Switch to cheb? I like the look ofa square body all most as much as the 6th gen F series dentside. Lookin @ the same vehicle for wks or mo.s is tough if U don’t like them. But doing so isa good 'biznes model' (research, parts, contacts, easy repetition of prcesses,sales - sometimes, etc).

Last edited:

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
whazat? U want the rocker panel to go back further?
Sorry, dont follow U. Can U say it again, more detail
(or 'another way’?)
No, shorter rocker panel and the bottom of the rear door would have the trailing edge shortened and cut out to move the rear wheel well further forward under the rear of the door like how engineers do any modern car.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
“...like how engineers do any modern car. ..."
would B less bronk-ish, no?

Colo77Bronco

Contributor
Loc.
Colorado Springs
Even cars back in the 50s had the rear wheel well integrated into the rear doors. It just would not look like a 5yo made it. They did get the floors right though! Wish my driver side floor were dropped like the passenger side.

chrlsful

Bronco Guru
then no aux tank 4 those wanting...

I DO like the ol skol Front door. The wrap a round windshield
in side vieww/it’s corner sitting in there. A big square corner
in side view in the dor opening...