• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2019 NORRA Mexican 500

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Looking for a way to race Baja on a budget? This could be your ticket!
There are currently 79 registered vehicles with 0 currently registered in the Pioneer 4x4 class (where most semi-stock Broncos would fit).
Our team, Gaucho Mark's Racing #66, will be racing in the Legends 4x4 class to see if we can keep our winning streak going:)
Some cool things about this race:

• it's not point to point, like the 1000. It will have (2) 250 mile loops for (2) days that start and finish in Ensenada both days, making logistics wayyy easier and much less expensive.
  • The 1000 requires participants to take at least a week off work, where the 500 is Thursday-Sunday.
  • We raced the 1000 earlier this year with 1 chase vehicle, so this will easily be done with 1.
  • When it's over there's no trek back up the coast with the racer in tow, cutting fuel costs by probably at least 70% compared to the 1000.
  • You can save $100 if you can register before Sept. 15th

Hopefully there's someone interested enough to give it a shot!

From the NORRA website:
The bigger and better part of the “Happiest Race on Earth!” will be a second event that will be held October 10th-13th of 2019; the NORRA 500! Based in Ensenada, Baja California Mexico, the event will be family-friendly and will offer two separate and concurrent 250 mile race courses starting and finishing in front of the Riviera Convention Center in Ensenada. Cars and Bikes will be separated appropriately and then switch courses on the second race day. Each evening the NORRA team will offer locally inspired hospitality starting with happy hour events and concluding with dinner. The event’s unique format is intended reduce complicated planning and logistics and create an event that racers new and old can easily manage. If you have always wanted to bring your family and friends to see what NORRA is all about, or want to get your feet wet racing in Baja, this is the event for you. On Sunday, there will be an amazing Awards Ceremony held to NORRA party standards that will include brunch at a great location to be announced.

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Okay men and women of Bronco land time to start on that Pioneer Class NORRA racer. There should be some new rules for the class by the end of the month. They should really clarify things, give good guidelines for building a car and should really help make it a fun, competitive class. If I weren't so deep into the #66 car I'd be building to Pioneer class rules. Pretty sure I could do it for about 30% of what I have in the GMR. The 500 is looking so much more doable from a time, logistic and financial standpoint I think it's going to be very popular in the coming years. Gaucho Mark

OP
OP
Bukin 67

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
Gaucho Mark's Racing is in the shop getting ready for final testing. We're scheduled to be out in the desert this weekend kicking it up and laying down some miles :cool:

YLItPJLQFaPMzocxKvVBUgCuTcj-L4TanYuzGQOm3La8OlIeBFPP5-Ye_YkuHNQRiPnRCrZD6Yzct2UT5qlQQmNmKN5vWNr-uDa15E2IL5dnYDXBywPHTdNejt8HgDczfNnspyy4-cmgGG0hAFuUwUkUqcEoquogiOMW_5lwlaiaWsOYnduJFJRMS9P8YuMj2LKyisYq5iJoCSCv5qWcgKLvPKEYK6i2zB7dkfr2KScsmdgx2Lwzbvowm__4w3iszgc7FP5c2NzNx7ofm9Yk_BvPpmtQQXlaqdeMKHBKy0h-Gdzr4EzDWEHiAnldRhpO26gUWZwlb5cQSsRPMgXd3dkc8gRZXFjyWIsZWuXUdmyP9JesAjbkIHT3vAhaGgXwgXfVPq4rQQXDNBSuRfJbhksbGUa9rZANiVkjfiohg6fm1ONHZtR2K3njoFIbIxSyuGZqiT22CdJ9cfZgaIuCeN0F7pO4j-vuG_RuXuw3ahbJjct9Xz8NnwuqLsbwaynAYLKuibPud-3w15DIvs04F5ho6X2H6NH_UmBZKnVg_u6VcOQGHcGX2JieknXvUgbH3dEqs-v9A_Uld6zZpYA8kzOzb0Qk9c2TNOpM35Dh7zusnG8tgoMYeTfZ15LBc93LtJNaKUh2qboF6E1suGTysE_kFDbsGBphHbNW2WuNB9mEagest8dJafGT=w1666-h937-no

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anyone out there thinking about building a Pioneer class Bronco?