• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1972 steering column in a 1968.

redtail

So I scored a sweet stock steering column, two brand new fenders and everything for the stock power steering today.

I had a couple questions about the mounting of the new column. some PO had installed a brand X tilt column and did a very shoddy job of it. so:

1)What does the plate that goes on the top of the column as it passes through the firewall look like? I have the bottom braket, and a small plate like thing that came with the stock column I got, but can anyone post up a pic of what a proper pass through area for the column looks like?

2)This was a three on the tree column, so How can I properly remove the handle? (I am going to leave the rest of the stuff in there if I can, I just don't want to be bumping into the shift lever all the time when I am using the floor shifter instead.

3)this column has a different plug system then is in my bronco, any good tec articals on the retro fit? or do I just need to go into the wiring diagrams and figure it out?