• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

1969 Half Cab U14, Pioneer Build

AndyT

Well I just brought home my new project. She's a rusty mother but is structurally sound. It looks like what cancer is there is definitely fixable. I found this poor thing rotting away and long forgotten on a mans property the other day. He was all too happy to get rid of his lawn ornament and pretty much gave it to me. I found some interesting things so far with this truck... It still has the factory bucket seats (whats left of them) and there were two small pads that were in the middle of the two which were the same color and material as the seats themselves. Did they come factory with these pads? Its kinda like a jump seat in the middle. Nothing appears to be changed except some silly a$$ skid plate welded to the front, fenders were poorly cut, and a roll bar was added. It also has the original floor mat and metal top in place. I'll post some pics in a few... This begins the build of Pioneer...

Green_Bastard

Never heard of anything between the front seats but maybe someone else will know. Looking forward to the pics and good luck with the build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
AndyT

AndyT

There two pads like 12"x12" one on the floor and one for a back rest. I wouldn't have thought anything about it but they match the seats perfectly. I can't figure out how to upload pics to this string... I have some in my garage page.

romegadave

Nice project Andy....and he practically gave it to you. Nobody gives me nothin' but grief;D

OP
OP
AndyT

AndyT

Well I started working on the engine to get her fired up last night. I found that it has a 4 barrel 600 Holley carb on it. Gave her some fresh gas and tried to get her cranked up with negative results. It turned over three times and the Solenoid gave out. The starter cable is pretty bad too. Looks like I'm going to have to get some wiring done before we try again. But I'm happy that the motor isn't locked up. Hell the price tag for the Holley carb is more than I paid for the whole truck so I'm already winning lol! I'll update when I get some wiring done.

OP
OP
AndyT

AndyT

Well got the solenoid in and cleaned up some of the spark plugs and she lives again!!! Ran fairly well for not running in a long time. Now I spoke to the previous owner and he advisd that the motor is a 289 out of a 67 galaxy 500 with a holly 600 carb, 351 heads, and a mild cam. She idled decently once I got her going but smokes like a mofo. I let it run for about an hour and the smoke never stopped. I'm just glad it runs!! Now the other thing is that it is spraying oil out of the timing chain dipstick and out of the oil pan dipstick. WTF??

gnpenning

Contributor
Bronco Slave
Loc.
I have more questions than answers.
Check your pcv system. You have crankcase pressure. Either your pcv system isn't working or you have a lot of blow by. Or both.

Btw nice score

Just saw your other thread. They already covered it