• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on.

Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OR 1966-1977 Early Ford Bronco 3+1 Over Drive Transmssion Conversion w/ adapter RUG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason@TBP

Sponsor/Vendor
*****SOLD************

Up for auction I have a Ford RUG Transmission (3 speed plus overdrive, 4 speeds all together) that I removed from my 1966 Early Ford Bronco. (Look at pictures below to verify tags) This transmission appears to have been manufactured in 1977 according to the stamp date. See photos to verify. This transmission was rebuilt professionally approximately 7,000 miles ago. I have since went to a NV3550 swap, and removed this transmission. Comes with a Dana 20 adapter as well.

This tranny is a simple bolt in procedure. You use your factory cross member, and factory drivelines, as well as Dana 20 transfer case. No MODIFYING REQUIRED in regards to installation of the tranny itself. You will need to come up with a floor shifter, as I got rid of the one I had separately. This transmission has a short throw, therefore shifts quickly. Was way fun to drive. I went to 37" tires, installed lockers front and rear, and I wanted more of a heavy duty transmission, which is why I went to the 3550.

I could go down the freeway at 70 mph, with 4.10 gears and 33" tires, at about 1800 RPM. Definitely a fuel saver!

The only problem I had with the transmission is just before pulling it out, it was slipping out of reverse. Come to find out, we are pretty sure it needed adjustment in the linkage, as the internal gears look perfect. But, I am including with the auction a replacement reverse gear, as well as a complete overhaul kit w/ bearings and everything ($300 value just for this stuff), as I purchased them thinking I needed it to fix the reverse issue. Like I said, doesn't appear to be the issue, just needs adjusting, but I will include this stuff anyways.

This will be shipped FedEx ground service, and I will break the adapter apart from the transmssion and ship in two separate boxes to cut down on shipping charges. WILL ONLY SHIP TO LOWER 48 STATES! If you have any questions, be sure to email me. Thank you!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190599730573?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.