Bronco Hut    

Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts   Toms Bronco Parts   BC Broncos
Community
 Message Forum
 Photo Gallery
 Event Calendar
 Book Reviews
 Bronco Wallpaper
 Bronco FAQ
 Link Back to CB!
 600+ Bronco Links!

Search all Bronco Links
Buy / Sell
 Classifieds / Want Ads
 Vendor Forum
James Duff
Rust Bullet
Sexton Offroad
Bronco Tech
Recent Tech Articles
 •Holley Carb Tips
 •Aussie Locker
 •C6 203 205 Doubler
 •4 Link
 •Clutch Replacement
 •Early Turn Signals
 •C4 Improvements
 •Threaded Dipstick
 •NV3550 5 spd
     More Tech...
Ford Bronco Parts - Classic Vintage Early Bronco Parts

Welcome to the ClassicBroncos.com Forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a GUEST which limits your access to viewing only. To take advantage of all the forum features please take a moment to register. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact the admin. If you've lost your password click here.

Go Back   ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat

Old 08/10/03, 06:53 PM   #1
admin
Administrator

Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...

Phoenix, AZ

My Gallery
Garage
How to upload photos - Become a Contributor

There are two ways to upload photos to the forums;
  1. Free - Use an outside photo hosting site. Click here for instructions.
  2. $12 per year - Become a Contributor and help support the site. See instructions below.

Become a Site Contributor!

Click here to sign up.
Contributor status includes:
  • Photo Uploads in the Forums
  • Contributor title under your username
  • Twice the disc space in the Photo Gallery
  • Twice the PM space in your inbox
  • And of course you help support this site!
For a small fee ($12 for one year) you can now become a site Contributor and have the ability to upload photos directly into your posts in the forums. Payment can be made via Paypal subscription service or check.

Photo Upload Guidelines

You'll be able to upload and attach photos directly to any new post (or reply) you make on the forums, including the classifieds. Photos are a great way to help explain a question or answer, show off your rig, sell your parts or Bronco, etc.
  • There will be a 150 KB size limit to each photos you can upload. Many photos are simply too big for the web and viewers don't want to have to scroll sideways 5 times to see the whole image. I'll provide basic instructions for those who need help resizing their photos.
  • Photos can be JPG, GIF or BMP types. (JPG is usually best to keep the size down)
  • Photos will be deleted eventually. Probably after 3 months or so. Maybe longer if the photo folder doesn't get extremely large.
  • Photos should follow the same rules as the rest of the forum. Try to keep it Bronco related. If it's not Bronco related at least be sure to post it in the Off Topic forum. Nudity (or even semi-nudity) is absolutely not allowed.
Please remember this is an added feature and completely optional. Nothing is being taken away or changed for standard members. If you currently show photos from your own website or one of the free web hosts you can continue to do so and you probably don't need this service. It just simplifies the process by allowing you to upload directly from your computer to the forums.

Instructions on uploading photos in your posts

1. Start a new topic or reply to one as you normally would.

2. Fill in the message body then look below for a button that says, "Photo Uploads" (see image above) When you click it a new window will pop up. Click the "Browse" button(s) and then find the photo on your computer. Note: There is a 150 MB size limit on attachments. If you sort your files by "details" it will show how large the file is.

3. Once you've found the photo double click to select it. Repeat if you have more than 1 photo to upload.

4. Then click "Post". The "Preview" feature will not show your photo, but once you post it will show up.

5. If you want to upload multiple photos just reply to your message again and upload another.

Modifying or deleting a photo

1. Go to the post you want to modify and click "Edit or Delete" in the lower right of that post.

2. Below the message body window there is a option that says "Delete current attachment" Check it and click "Save Changes" If you are changing photos then use the "Upload new attachment:" option.

Last edited by admin; 07/07/13 at 01:22 PM..

Jon Hanna
webmaster@classicbroncos.com
http://ClassicBroncos.com
'72 Bronco, stock 302 2V, NP435 4 speed, Chevy discs, PS, 3 1/2" susp lift + 2" body lift, 33"x12.50-15 BFG KM2's, 4.11 gears (D44 and Ford 9")
admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/03, 06:58 PM   #2
74ranger

it cant be that deep

wilkeson, washington
Re:ADMIN - New Photo Upload Feature

is a byte the same as a MB all my pics are at least 300 bytes ??? how can i resize them

74 ranger,351W, C-4, Duff 3.5" lift, 4.56s and spooled rear, 35" micky thompsons
74ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/03, 08:11 PM   #3
admin
Administrator

Phoenix, AZ

My Gallery
Garage

Are you sure they're 300 BYTES, and not 300 KB? 300 KB would be more of a normal size for a digital camera.

1 KB = 1,000 BYTES
1 MB = 1,000 KB

(those are rounded off, but close enough for our use here)

I'll set up a quick tutorial on how to resize images. I'll include Photoshop and Paint Shop. If you need help resizing and are using another graphics program please let me know what it is.

Jon Hanna
'72 Bronco, stock 302 2V, NP435 4 speed, Chevy discs, PS, 3 1/2" susp lift + 2" body lift, 33"x12.50-15 BFG KM2's, 4.11 gears (D44 and Ford 9")
Old 08/12/03, 08:50 PM   #4
Wildturkey
BANNED

Coker, Alabama

Admin this new pic upload is awesome..Even a computer semi-literate like me figured it out in a couple of minutes.I will pick up Photoshop since several say it works great.Count on my $12.00.Thanks!!
Wildturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/19/03, 09:01 AM   #5
77TexasBronc
Bronco Guru

Broncos Rule!

Baytown Texas

Ok, I sent you a paypal payment. Thanks for the added service.

"Yes, I am a Broncoholic"
77TexasBronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/02/03, 11:38 PM   #6
Yellow75
Bronco Guru

Sioux Falls, SD

My Gallery

An easy way to go about resizing photo's for the board/internet if you have windows xp (probably ME as well). You can right click an picture and go to "send to" choose mail recipient and then it will pop up the image in an email. Save that to your desktop and send/upload it to the internet. Drops a 600k file do about 30 or so.
Yellow75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/24/03, 11:12 AM   #7
jerry
Contributor

Love my '70...

Bakersfield, CA

My Gallery
Garage
I just got off my lazy butt and made the contribution.

Don't know how much I'll use the photo upload feature... But really appreciate how much work Jon has done to promote the site, keep it running reliably, etc.

I encourage everyone to cough up the $12. Think about it - it's a small price to pay to support a great forum, and I know that I get way more than $12 worth of entertainment and information from here! 8)

Jerry

jerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/03, 07:29 PM   #8
rayc

1977 and all DUFF TUFF

Western Oregon

My Gallery
I sent my Paypal payment. please update me so I can get really really confused about how to add photos.
rayc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/03, 07:30 PM   #9
admin
Administrator

Phoenix, AZ

My Gallery
Garage
Done. There are instructions on how to upload at the beginning of this thread. If you still have questions please post in the Test and Help forum.

Thanks!

Jon Hanna
Old 12/21/03, 08:57 AM   #10
ltatro

Gotta have an old Ford!

Michigan
Well worth it!!

$12 is a very small price to pay for all the help and information that's available on this site. I'd urge anyone using this site to join and continue to promote Classic Broncos. Thanks to all the hard work put into this forum.
ltatro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/03, 06:57 AM   #11
69Sport
Contributor

"Junior, When I Get Home I'm Goin To Punch Your Momma Square In The Mouth."

ST. Louis
Paid In Full

Hey I just signed up to be a contributor. I think this is a small price to pay for a great site like this. I hope to learn how to use the upload feature and put up a few pics. Thanks 69sport

"GOT BEER"
69Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/31/03, 07:10 AM   #12
LostInTheSouth

LIVIN LIFE

Ramstein
eBay: Atvrid

My Gallery
It's easy to use once you are a contribute there well be a open field at the bottom of your message and a browse button just click it and find the file that you have your pictures in it's that easy.
YES IT IS A SMALL PRICE TO PAY.

Your worst day with your bronco is still better then your best day at work.
Lead follow or get the Hell out of my way! I love my Bronco.
LostInTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/04, 07:27 PM   #13
BoltBuster
Bronco Guru

Now Thats Thinking With Your Dipstick, Jimmy!

Chesapeake,Virginia

My Gallery
Curious is there another way to contribute other than pay pal?

www.Tidewaterfourwheelers.org
67', 351W, C6/NP-205, Crab Cage, 2" body and 3.5" lift, 35 BFG M/Ts
BoltBuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/04, 07:51 PM   #14
ROKDWLR
Contributor
Bronco Guru

Stockton, Ca.

My Gallery
I just signed up using paypal but noticed that you can also send a check or money order.
ROKDWLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/10/04, 10:39 PM   #15
admin
Administrator

Phoenix, AZ

My Gallery
Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by BoltBuster
Curious is there another way to contribute other than pay pal?
You can send a check also. See the bottom of the Contributor signup page for the address.

Jon Hanna

ClassicBroncos.com Forums > 66-77 Ford Bronco > Bronco Chat