• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Updates on my 77 build

greasypigeon

Loc.
Fort Bliss, Tx
Well its about that time, I do my own build thread. Well a few months ago the old 302 went out, the prior owner had a top loader 4 speed in it that came out of a 70 fairlane, the dana 20 was missing the sliders gears, the wiring was shot to hell. But the body was good, the frame was powder coated so that was a big plus.
So how about a nice poser shot.
P1000144.jpg

Well cause the 302 was old and all ready bored out .30 over and I didn't want to rebuild. So I went with a 347 stroker.
newpics542.jpg

I got to pick it on Monday.
Cause the wiring was hell in it I replaced that with a kit from painless, and went a head and redid the dash.
P1000308.jpg

Cause the top loader 4 speed had car gears in to so I went ahead and got a nv3550 and rebuilt the dana 20 with new gears, and bearings.
IMG_0876.jpg

So I'm will being working on it next week, when I get the engine, and I have a weekend off.

I'll try not to forget about this thread.

Last edited:

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Brings back a lot of memories

Sounds a lot like my 77
Toploader
tired 302
messy wiring

Did a lot of the same upgrade you have planned, just not a stroker.

Looks like you are well on your way.

Heus33

Bronco Guru
This is going to be very nice. The dash looks great! More pics!!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like that dash layout too. Do you have any more pics of the complete dash?

OP
OP
greasypigeon

greasypigeon

Loc.
Fort Bliss, Tx
Well didn't get really a lot done this weekend like I wanted too. Had to do to a wedding saterday, and today I was going to set the stroker and come to find out I have two right side motor mounts. Do'h! So I gotta call wildhorses and ask them if they can send me a different one.

OP
OP
greasypigeon

greasypigeon

Loc.
Fort Bliss, Tx
Updates!

I got alot done in the past few days. Been working on it like a crack head.
IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

Gotta fix the PO ghetto hack job.
IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0889.jpg

The only real thing I have to do is finish putting on the PS, ALt, and put on the brake lines and hook up my gas tank, and finish wiring it up.

OP
OP
greasypigeon

greasypigeon

Loc.
Fort Bliss, Tx
Doesn't look like I'll be getting some work done this weekend, I just got my wisdom teeth pulled all 4 of them.

I only have to do a few more things. And I try to fire it up.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
I remember one of the bronco vendors was selling welded output shafts for the 4 spd back in the day. That one just looks nasty though.