• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Doors

wepuckett

I have finally got my bronco inside so I can work on it and not have to put it all back together when I am done because of weather or the dogs. So first on my list is getting drivers door to open, it is missing the inside door handle. I used to be able to pull on the rod inside the door and it would open, but now it does not. Any suggestions ?

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk

rydog1130

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
theres a couple latches you can trip on the lock mechanism. The lock may have gotten pushed into position. Play around with flicking them up until your door opens...good luck

OP
OP
W

wepuckett

Got the door open, it was locked but could not pull up on the lock thing without it pulling back down. So reached inside the door held it unlocked while I pulled on the inside rod. Tried to pull the outer and inner door handles to get a look at the locking mechanism but couldn't get the rods removed, there is some sort of clip holding it on and didn't wanna break the clips as wasn't sure how hard they would be to replace or a trick to get them off? Also once it is out make sure it still works.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk