• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SpareParts Build Thread...Linked and tons!

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Finally got around to getting the top painted and installed.

Attachments

• Pics of Hard top 11.2008 001 (Medium).jpg
    Pics of Hard top 11.2008 001 (Medium).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 425
  • Pics of Hard top 11.2008 008 (Medium).jpg
    Pics of Hard top 11.2008 008 (Medium).jpg
    114.7 KB · Views: 458
OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Thanks, I think the colors work great together also. I don't know if I could have planned it better. I knew I wanted a silver but I was thinking more along the lines of bright silver. I had my dash painted and was kinda looking for a base color when my friend just happen to have a gallon of "silver". It's not the color I wanted originally but I do like it, it's also hard to pass on the free price.

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Hey Dave, does that 205 hang down as much as it looks? Do you have trouble hanging up on that? Can it or the 203 be clocked for more clearence?

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
Good job David! And the top is just in time for winter. Hope to see you and goneballistic at Howie's blow out in the spring. You have given me inspiration now, maybe I will post the pics of my build...I started it in Feb and finished it by August....I took pics but did not take time to post any of them because I was determined to have it finished in time to make OCBR 2008.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Hey Dave, does that 205 hang down as much as it looks? Do you have trouble hanging up on that? Can it or the 203 be clocked for more clearence?

I could have ordered it clocked as much as I wanted but with the clearance between the 205 and the frame rail I was afraid of getting too close. Looking back know, I could have easily done it, it actually gets further away if you clock it.

I have already had problems with the angle of the front CV binding and braking the centering ball at the 205. I have got limiting straps on it know to keep from dropping out to far. I have thought about going to HP to fix some of my drop out angle and to get my DS up higher than the cage arms. If I did this I could have my doubler re drilled to index the 205 up. I haven't had any problems or hang up yet, it is only about 1 inch lower than my Cage arm mounts.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
wow, last time i seen it, the top was in the field without windows! awesome! hey?! how come the mound looks familiar? :-X

I can get a lot of things done when I get motivated. ;D

The mounds look a little different when you go SLOW over them. :eek:

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Good job David! And the top is just in time for winter. Hope to see you and goneballistic at Howie's blow out in the spring. You have given me inspiration now, maybe I will post the pics of my build...I started it in Feb and finished it by August....I took pics but did not take time to post any of them because I was determined to have it finished in time to make OCBR 2008.

I can't say too much on the build thread, I was in the same boat. I'd come inside after working too late and then just have to post a couple pics of the nights work. It is cool to have it in a series, I probably should have talked a lot more about my pics and what all has been modified but most of the time I just did not have the time.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I had a couple people want to see where I placed my rock lights, I took a couple of pics of them today.

Attachments

• Rock lights 001 (Medium).jpg
    Rock lights 001 (Medium).jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 376
  • Rock lights 002 (Medium).jpg
    Rock lights 002 (Medium).jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 355
  • Rock lights 003 (Medium).jpg
    Rock lights 003 (Medium).jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 309
  • Rock lights 004 (Medium).jpg
    Rock lights 004 (Medium).jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 317

Silverhorse

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pensacola
Great build David! Thanks for posting all the pics, It really helps the rest of us get ideas and motivation!;D (like the doubler shifters);D ;D

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Here's some night run pics from OCBR. Some of the pics have a little help from the the flash.

David

Attachments

• OCBR 2008 017 (Medium).jpg
    OCBR 2008 017 (Medium).jpg
    51 KB · Views: 210
  • OCBR 2008 019 (Medium).jpg
    OCBR 2008 019 (Medium).jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 199
  • OCBR 2008 020 (Medium).jpg
    OCBR 2008 020 (Medium).jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 185
  • Jameys  OCBR 2008 010 (Medium).jpg