• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Wild Horses 1.5" Suspension Lift?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh, and something to take into account as well, is that sometimes Broncos just lean one way or the other, then change the next time you drive it.
It's not uncommon at all in fact. I used to deal with that even with my stock suspension.

So if a half-inch is what you end up fighting because it bothers you (as it does most of us) you might end up fighting it again down the road.

Some things that can cause lean are:
1. Spring inconsistencies. The only way to determine this is to swap springs from side to side.
2. Tire height issues. Not uncommon either, so needs to be determined with a tape measure before pulling your hair out on other things.
3. Over-tight components. This can be anything from a semi-frozen shock absorber (common with old tires shocks, but not with new ones like you have), leaf spring and shackle bolts that were tightened fully while the rig was still in the air with the suspension hanging, and C-bushings not being perfect.
That last is a very common issue as well. Installation of C-bushings should involve cleaning of the axle pads, de-flashing the bushings (if needed) and lubricating the heck out of things before installation.

The radius arms act like torsion bars, so whenever there is enough of a discrepancy in the installed angle of the c-bushing/radius arms, that can impart torque into the frame and cause a lean.

Lots of stuff to deal with!

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
the most (really the only that i know of) conclusive point to measure for suspension height is the gap between the top of the axle tubes and the bottom of the frame rails.

x 2.........