• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Bronco - press conf from Ford

jl1000r

Came across this one today... looks like a hagerty concept a few years back
b371d989c77a8a87d973c5d73743775b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

OX1

Bronco Guru
Not sure who this guy is, but he claims it was always a 2021.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/index.php?threads/u725-2021-my-ford-bronco-information.579/#post-6503

There are a lot of misconceptions and silly false truths regarding the Bronco, let's put those to rest.
Program Code: U725
Job 1 Date is December 2020
2021 Model Year
V6, 2.3L Ecoboost
10-Speed Automatic, Getrag Manual
FAA/AA1 was reached several months ago, meaning final exterior design was settled on.
FDJ/PA was completed by November 2018, meaning final design was frozen for production and now prod. grade in execution.
April 2019 are when the first VP1s come off pilot plan, meaning spy shots are coming by May.
Launch date is January 2021, possibly Feb 2021
Development began in 2015
New T6 basis, being developed in Australia. U725 Bronco top-hat in Dearborn, MI
I am not sure what has been going on with these absurd "news" reports from lazy and obtuse writers, but it is obvious the next F-150 will launch before the Bronco due in January 2021. Off-Road magazine was actually referring to the facelift P558 Super Duty, which will be unveiled soon for MY 2020. That will be replaced by MY 2023 with P708.

The next Ranger (P703), not the latest P375N will use the frame of the new Bronco, in some 33-36 months. The P703 launch is tenative for late 2021-22. That will offer the Ranger Raptor for USDM, the P375N was not developed with the Raptor in mind. P703 will be.

What I do know is, a reveal cannot be more than 18 months before market launch in January 2021. You'll not be seeing it without camouflage until next year, but you will start seeing them test soon. (Ditto for P702 F-Series)

The Bronco as of August 2016, had a scheduled start of production date of July 1, 2020. At that time, the P375N had a November 1, 2018 production date. At the 2017 NAIAS press conference, it was highlighted production of the USDM Ranger would begin in late 2018 for introduction "in 2019" and Bronco "in 2020".

Verification prototypes will be completed in April at the pilot plant, but currently U725 parts for prototyping are being procured.

In the end, the 2019.5 Ranger was on time with everything. Sadly the U725 is not on time and so far, about 5 months behind schedule. Production is due to begin in Wayne Michigan, in December 2020. Units will arrive at Ford showrooms starting in January 2021. Launch can reach up to February 2021. Originally launch was supposed to be around Labor Day 2020, after SOP around July 1, 2020. That will not happen anymore, but styling is finally done and no more changes as of November.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/index.php?threads/u725-2021-my-ford-bronco-information.579/#post-6503

There are a lot of misconceptions and silly false truths regarding the Bronco, let's put those to rest.
2021 Model Year
V6, 2.3L Ecoboost
FAA/AA1 was reached several months ago, meaning final exterior design was settled on.
FDJ/PA was completed by November 2018, meaning final design was frozen for production and now prod. grade in execution.
April 2019 are when the first VP1s come off pilot plan, meaning spy shots are coming by May.
I am not sure what has been going on with these absurd "news" reports from lazy and obtuse writers, but it is obvious the next F-150 will launch before the Bronco due in January 2021. Off-Road magazine was actually referring to the facelift P558 Super Duty, which will be unveiled soon for MY 2020. That will be replaced by MY 2023 with P708.

The next Ranger (P703), not the latest P375N will use the frame of the new Bronco, in some 33-36 months. The P703 launch is tenative for late 2021-22. That will offer the Ranger Raptor for USDM, the P375N was not developed with the Raptor in mind. P703 will be.

What I do know is, a reveal cannot be more than 18 months before market launch in January 2021. You'll not be seeing it without camouflage until next year, but you will start seeing them test soon. (Ditto for P702 F-Series)

The Bronco as of August 2016, had a scheduled start of production date of July 1, 2020. At that time, the P375N had a November 1, 2018 production date. At the 2017 NAIAS press conference, it was highlighted production of the USDM Ranger would begin in late 2018 for introduction "in 2019" and Bronco "in 2020".

Verification prototypes will be completed in April at the pilot plant, but currently U725 parts for prototyping are being procured.

In the end, the 2019.5 Ranger was on time with everything. Sadly the U725 is not on time and so far, about 5 months behind schedule. Production is due to begin in Wayne Michigan, in December 2020. Units will arrive at Ford showrooms starting in January 2021. Launch can reach up to February 2021. Originally launch was supposed to be around Labor Day 2020, after SOP around July 1, 2020. That will not happen anymore, but styling is finally done and no more changes as of November.

Once again, this just adds to the mystery, allure, anxiety and certain fading enthusiasm for the 2020/2021 Bronco. And, this is just more proof that no one knows anything. I'll believe it when I see it.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
That sure sounds like a lot of info that makes sense to me. I had dinner with a Ford engineer last week and he said they're testing prototypes in Australia right now.

Todd Z.

1strodeo

Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
All the info sounds legit, however I'm quite sure the 2.3 ecoBoost is a 4-banger :( hopefully he meant 2.7, it's a V6 but at least it's a 300 HP V6!

...I'm gonna go home and hug my Bronco1G ;D

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
This thread is about as informing as the wall thread in off topic lol.

Bronco4x4

1G here as well. Should we wait to see if the new Bronco will have side mirror cameras, auto stop for pedestrians, lane centering tech, auto-pilot, internet, monster head rests, large dash screen, fly-by-wire (brakes, steering, etc.), dual heat/AC controls. As you can see where I'm going, this new 4X4 will most likely have a lot of technology that will shake rattle and roll in the off road world. I'm sure water crossings will not be tested. I'm curious on the count of computers that will be on board. I wish they would get back to the basics in the automotive world in general. My newest vehicle is a 2007 and I may keep it this way.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
1G here as well. Should we wait to see if the new Bronco will have side mirror cameras, auto stop for pedestrians, lane centering tech, auto-pilot, internet, monster head rests, large dash screen, fly-by-wire (brakes, steering, etc.), dual heat/AC controls. As you can see where I'm going, this new 4X4 will most likely have a lot of technology that will shake rattle and roll in the off road world. I'm sure water crossings will not be tested. I'm curious on the count of computers that will be on board. I wish they would get back to the basics in the automotive world in general. My newest vehicle is a 2007 and I may keep it this way.

But they can't get back to the basics. The market is built for comfort. The badge name will get all these hipsters and soccer moms to buy it, including all the people that missed out on the Bronco craze.

An offroad vehicle is built by the owner. Just like the Ranger, I'm sure all the aftermarket companies will have an opportunity to create a highly accessorized Bronco-in order to show off what the possibilities will be.

We are also harping over the 4-banger engine, but the reality is that technology and our gas consumption will dictate what will come out. Sure, someone will shoe horn a coyote engine into one of these Broncos, but in the end, the Bronco will be built to meet the needs of a massive market, not the needs of a small group.

OX1

Bronco Guru
All the info sounds legit, however I'm quite sure the 2.3 ecoBoost is a 4-banger :( hopefully he meant 2.7, it's a V6 but at least it's a 300 HP V6!

...I'm gonna go home and hug my Bronco1G ;D

I think he means both, just may not be sure which V-6, could just as easily be 3.0 from Lincoln.

OX1

Bronco Guru
But they can't get back to the basics. The market is built for comfort. The badge name will get all these hipsters and soccer moms to buy it, including all the people that missed out on the Bronco craze.

An offroad vehicle is built by the owner. Just like the Ranger, I'm sure all the aftermarket companies will have an opportunity to create a highly accessorized Bronco-in order to show off what the possibilities will be.

We are also harping over the 4-banger engine, but the reality is that technology and our gas consumption will dictate what will come out. Sure, someone will shoe horn a coyote engine into one of these Broncos, but in the end, the Bronco will be built to meet the needs of a massive market, not the needs of a small group.

Wrangler sold 240K last year

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/jeep/jeep-wrangler/

and while it has been updated, still has poor overall onroad suspension with solid axles, very narrow body (NOT the flares) about 60"wide, full removable top, factory narrowed front end, easily removable flares/doors, fold down windshield, bumpers that can be changed to 1000 different types, without having been previously being integrated to body contour , etc.....

So I don't want to hear any whining from Ford or anyone else that the market for as close as they can get to the orig bronco does not exist. Yes, make a longer 4 door, but don't tell me the rest doesn't sell.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
Wrangler sold 240K last year

http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/jeep/jeep-wrangler/

and while it has been updated, still has poor overall onroad suspension with solid axles, very narrow body (NOT the flares) about 60"wide, full removable top, factory narrowed front end, easily removable flares/doors, fold down windshield, bumpers that can be changed to 1000 different types, without having been previously being integrated to body contour , etc.....

So I don't want to hear any whining from Ford or anyone else that the market for as close as they can get to the orig bronco does not exist. Yes, make a longer 4 door, but don't tell me the rest doesn't sell.

I agree 100%. However, Jeep never let the Jeep die. Ford kept reinventing the Bronco and then stopped manufacturing it. They can easily stamp out new models with old body looks. There's a lot of space to put safety features into one. Look at Icon/TLC/Jonathan Ward Broncos. Old Bronco bodies with brand new drivetrains and chassis.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru

2021 Model Year
V6, 2.3L Ecoboost

Ha
There won’t be any manual transmission available in the new escape/bronco

It’s not available anymore on any 1/2 ton pickup
Not sure it’s even available in a 3/4 ton

roundhouse

Bronco Guru

Agreed

My newest vehicle is a 06 and I’m looking to replace it with a 88-91 K-5 Blazer

New enough to have EFI and OD
And easy to work on with affordable parts

But not a disposable vehicle totally made of plastic with a million computers like late model cars

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Agreed

My newest vehicle is a 06 and I’m looking to replace it with a 88-91 K-5 Blazer

New enough to have EFI and OD
And easy to work on with affordable parts

But not a disposable vehicle totally made of plastic with a million computers like late model cars

Those new cars and trucks have all those computers so that the parts changers (aka technicians) can plug it in and be told that the $1200 taillight needs to be replaced.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Ha
There won’t be any manual transmission available in the new escape/bronco

It’s not available anymore on any 1/2 ton pickup
Not sure it’s even available in a 3/4 ton

Yep, and soon after that, probably no gas or diesel either %)

1971BroncoSport

Only in India

I have been in Bangalore India this week for work, and while being driven around (you don’t want to drive yourself) I kept seeing a Ford that was not familiar and a bit eye catching with the mods. Finally saw one from the rear and it was badged “Endeavour” which is unique in this market. Apparently “Everest” can’t be used here for some reason (Mt Everest is Nepal - not India).

The shape is not what appears under the “sheet”, and may be soccer mom without mods. Comes with a 3.2L disesel.

Attachments

• A3AD4133-EE8E-4A56-989A-382B8F928CD6.jpg
    A3AD4133-EE8E-4A56-989A-382B8F928CD6.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 248