• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has this ever happened to you?

Okbroncoman

About 6 months ago, I ordered some parts from a major bronco supplier.
I got the parts a week or two later no big deal, but 6 months later and the parts still haven’t hit my credit card.

What to do, what to do?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
You can send me 38bucks.
I ordered parts about 3 months ago .
SO NEXT DAY 29.99 CAME OUT OF MY ACCOUNT .
Odd was supposed to be 30.00 no shipping .
So about 3 days later 6.88 more came out of my acc. I'm like whatever . Still a bargain.
& a FEW DAYS LATER Like a $1.26 more out of my acc.
.. What the Hay.
so I'm really still thinking who cares ..
Each listing on my acc said Dollar to foreign currency didn't match.
.... So about 2 days late .01 c came out of my acc.
..... & I've never received my parts . I had some emails But I've not been able to retrieve them from my junk mail.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, well yeah better call to get it straightened out Unless you wanting it to hit that card at the wrong time when you aren't expecting it

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
You can send me 38bucks.
I ordered parts about 3 months ago .
SO NEXT DAY 29.99 CAME OUT OF MY ACCOUNT .
Odd was supposed to be 30.00 no shipping .
So about 3 days later 6.88 more came out of my acc. I'm like whatever . Still a bargain.
& a FEW DAYS LATER Like a $1.26 more out of my acc.
.. What the Hay.
so I'm really still thinking who cares ..
Each listing on my acc said Dollar to foreign currency didn't match.
.... So about 2 days late .01 c came out of my acc.
..... & I've never received my parts . I had some emails But I've not been able to retrieve them from my junk mail.

Sounds like an odd coincidence on the timing, but sometimes scammers try small amounts to see if you’re checking your statements - and then go for a larger amount. I would call your credit card company and question the charges, usually only have 60 days from the statement date to file a claim though. Description on the charges sounds fishy....

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
About 6 months ago, I ordered some parts from a major bronco supplier.
I got the parts a week or two later no big deal, but 6 months later and the parts still haven’t hit my credit card.

What to do, what to do?

So at this point you received free parts, as they were shipped but never invoiced, right?

The right thing to do is to call them and let them know what happened. Depending on the value of the parts, they may just write it off and say thanks for letting us know, but either way you know you'll have done the right thing.

I ordered a Dewalt 5" angle grinder from a big online supplier...when it arrived, I had received a case of (4 ea) 5" angle grinders for the price of one. When I called them, they asked me if I could use them, and of course I could and have, so they said to keep them at no charge.

What goes around comes around IMHO.

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
The right thing to do is to call them and let them know what happened. Depending on the value of the parts, they may just write it off and say thanks for letting us know, but either way you know you'll have done the right thing.

Doing the right thing can pay off.... I bought a $1500 Snapper riding mower and they gave me $100 off and zero interest for six months if I would put it on a Snapper credit card. So I did.

After 6 months I mailed them a check for full balance. They sent the check back and told me I had a zero balance. I argued with them for weeks and finally the credit manager told me to please stop calling, if they took my money it would throw off all of their records....

OP
OP
Okbroncoman

Okbroncoman

Update:

You all guilted me in to calling. “Not really”, I was going to call, just hadn’t had the time. Their charging my card now.

That Melissa at Bronco Nut, a nice woman. Would have been hard to sleep at night, if I didn’t make sure she got paid.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
This is most likely the only forum and group of folks you would ever get these types of recommendations. Pretty much everyplace else would say let it be. Glad it worked out for you.:)

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Update:

You all guilted me in to calling. “Not really”, I was going to call, just hadn’t had the time. Their charging my card now.

That Melissa at Bronco Nut, a nice woman. Would have been hard to sleep at night, if I didn’t make sure she got paid.

You did the right thing, even if it made the wallet hurt a little. That type of honesty and integrity is one thing that contributes to making this forum what it is IMHO, and hopefully others will follow your example.

69broncofun

Bronco Guru
They got me once. Bought 500.00 worth of airline tickets on aeromexico airlines. It was on my debit card. My account went into the red. I had bills that I paid in mail. I called the bank took a week to get my money back. My wife swear it happened when I went to Harbor Freight. I think she just dose not want me shopping there . HAHA

OP
OP
Okbroncoman

Okbroncoman

LOL, well yeah better call to get it straightened out Unless you wanting it to hit that card at the wrong time when you aren't expecting it

I think that’s what was really going to happen.

I believe she would have caught it by the end of the year.

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My wife swear it happened when I went to Harbor Freight. I think she just dose not want me shopping there . HAHA

So she prefers you shopping off the tool trucks or sears? Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk