• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lincoln pump for hydroboost

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I'm trying to find the year for the dual return saginaw pump of a lincoln. I can't get the forum search to work from my phone.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
77 contl with big block
dual return pump is A-1 CARDONE 208606

hth

OP
OP
S

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I tried the 208606 number yesterday at napa and they couldn't get a cross reference. I couldn't remember the year lincoln and the thread search wouldn't work on my phone.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
FWIW, that A-1 Cardone part number is now a "Return & Rebuild" only if I'm not mistaken, so that's might have something to do with why Napa couldn't find it.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
In addition to Nick's note on the 77 Continental, the 75-79 Continental Mark V's are always a good choice as well. I've also used pumps from the 79-85 Cadillac Eldorados with diesels (which had hydroboost).

Todd Z.

74 Bronco Billy

Contributor
I don't want to hijack, but what are the preferred Hydro boost brake units that you guys look for to put in the early bronco and why? Which is easiest to get to fit? :cool:

OP
OP
S

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
You guys that ordered from summit what part number did they send you. I ordered a 20-8606 and received a 20-38606 and it's not a Saginaw or a dual return. I gotta call em later when I have more time.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
I don't want to hijack, but what are the preferred Hydro boost brake units that you guys look for to put in the early bronco and why? Which is easiest to get to fit? :cool:

Chevy Astro Van is apparently the easiest to fit and what not.
But folks use Super duty units and Mustang units as well.

OP
OP
S

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I returned the wrong pump a few days back. I called to order the 8606 and summit says they show the pump only but no reservoir.

OP
OP
S

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
My goal is to have an off the shelf pump and a smaller pulley so it spins a little faster. My buddy machined a factory gm pull with smaller belt diameter to fit the Lincoln pump. Now that the Lincoln pumps are getting hard to find I'm thinking go with a keyed gm dual return. You can buy the smaller keyed pulleys all day long. I just gotta get a pump so I can put the hydroboost on and have the 72 back on the road. I have a bet with my buddy I'll have my 72 on the road before he has his 47 military jeep legal to drive. He just needs dmv paperwork. Also want to take the spool out of my 72 but will run it to win the bet