• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

71 Cali Bronco Build

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

IMG_1242.JPG

IMG_1244.JPG

IMG_1246.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

IMG_1254.JPG

IMG_1255.JPG

Well I pulled both kick panels and moved them up a bit to gain the clearance needed for doors. It seems to have worked well. I was able to square the edge of floor again.

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

No paint.JPG

BTW - Pre-assembled floor assemblies do not have weld through primer in seams. I thought that was an interesting find given the advertising.

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

Anyone know what this hole is for?

What is the hole for.JPG

I was planning on welding it up but wasn't sure.

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

IMG_1272.JPG

IMG_1273.JPG

IMG_1274.JPG

Started on the windshield and cowl today as well. No shortage of sheet metal screws. Was planning to skip several marks and screw but drilled out all holes by mistake. Oh well it will be welded like no tomorrow.

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Looks like maybe it's an opening for an aftermarket power window & speaker wiring accordion boot?

suckerpunched

No, it is an original hole. mine has it too, with a plastic plug stuck in it. No idea what its for.

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

Its Gone now.
Gone now.JPG

I also welded up some similar sized holes in the cowl. Those holes just appeared to be a good way for water intrusion.

Weld hole.JPG

Cowl Weld.JPG

Cowl is welded up. I left the kick panel loose in case I need to adjust for door clearance when I set my pillars.

suckerpunched

It is. Used only in '72 and early '73 as part of the transmission regulated spark system.

I did have sparks come out of a transmission once before. Although I think they were unregulated because a bunch of other sh** came out too.

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

Well, I have issues. Playing around on ebay Friday evening and just for kicks hit the buy button when there was about 30 seconds left on the bid. To my surprise I won the bid. Had to do a little explaining to the wife (god love her) and then drive to Vegas to pick it up Saturday.

Its a 75 ranger barely touched. Spent its entire life in Nevada and it shows. ;D

9.jpg

10.jpg

13.jpg

4.jpg

AFLtCol

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks nice and solid!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ntsqd

heratic car camper
Loc.
Upper SoKA
Well now you've got a solid body to measure! Not to mention a very nice looking truck.

Just be careful, a customer of mine years ago told me "If you have just one, it has to do everything. As soon as you buy a second you start specializing. Soon you need one to do just this, and another to just that, and before you know it you've got 20 of them."
He was referring to firearms then, but I've found his logic to be almost universal....

:)

OP
OP
71 CA Bronco

71 CA Bronco

Started on the Doors.

Driver side was slammed open at one time and jacked up the skin and inside panel.

1door.JPG

2door.JPG

3door.JPG

11door.JPG

12door.JPG

Door done1.JPG

Doordone2.JPG