• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Explorer EFI Mass Buy Feeler.

POOH BEAR

Loc.
Lakeland,La.
I'm not sure how many definitely want in on the first round of the mass buy, but the amount of interest in it has been amazing!

I believe you would be number 3 or 4 as a definite. Unfortunately no one has given me a time line of how soon they will be ready. Most have said a couple weeks.

Any of you that want in for sure please post up with a given time line or PM me and I'll keep track. Once we have 5 committed, I'll get the ball rolling.

Im gonna try to get to the parts yard in the morning. If i get the parts needed I will be ready when the first run goes thru. How can I tell what year engine I have,as for I don't remember? serial number? I'll keep in touch.

OP
OP
EFI Guy

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
The year is not important if you are only in need of the bulk head harness and OBD2 port.

It is important if you need the engine harness or PCM. The differences are whether you have 19# injectors or 17# injectors. Also some use a 3 wire cam sensor and some use a 2 wire cam sensor. There are differences in EGR as well if you plan on using it.

If you tell me the code that you have on your PCM I can tell you what year it is from to help you in sourcing the right parts.

POOH BEAR

Loc.
Lakeland,La.
The problem is I don't have a PCM. I bought the motor to do mustang setup. I'll check the cam sensor. And maybe the injector color( which I think is white ). By any chance do you have the remaining parts I need or should I try to locate myself? I bought the motor alone with the harness still intact ,so everything else I need to find. Although I don't think it will be a problem.

Btw. Count me in n mass buy.

Please pm me your number and I'll give you a call.

OP
OP
EFI Guy

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
Pm sent.

I can get pretty much anything anyone is missing. My local yard is full of 5.0 Explorers. It is sometimes difficult to find an un-molested harness though. I don't mark up the prices much either, just enough to cover my time spent.

akirshbom

we spoke last night and i picked up the first of two. It's a 2000. Saturday i'll pick up the '97. We plan to run the 4r70w in both. We'll send the harness, PCM and check with the first one hopefully in two weeks and the next one a month or so later. Super excited to get the ball rolling!
thanks for all of the helpful info so far as well!
Alan
414-698-3797

spctrbytz

Subscribed! I have a buggy chassis that will need a complete drivetrain, and an entire Explorer drivetrain would be a good start. Will holler as soon as I have my mitts on a victim.

Tony in Abilene

cptmorgan

I am interested in having you for sure do the flash but I am still trying to decide if I want to tackle the harness myself. I will be starting the project soon but I am sure it will take me some time as I need to rebuild the engine from the explorer first. I will get in touch when I get closer.

crawler73

I am in for the mass buy. I should have all the needed parts by the end of the weekend and that cash to make it happen.

OP
OP
EFI Guy

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
Ok guys, I got the PCMs for those of you that needed them. I also was lucky enough to find two Explorers that had the dash pulled, so I grabbed the PCM cases from them. I figure some of you may want to mount yours like Scott did in his thread here:

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2335903&postcount=84

pcms.jpg

The Explorer PCM case is a real PITA to remove. It is held in by seam sealer, and there is a ground strap that must be removed from behind the dash. I used a combination of razor blades and a hacksaw blade to break the seal from the seam sealer. Even then I had to use my foot while pressing against the seat to get the cases out!

inside.jpg

I found another option that looks like it may work well. This is from a 99 Windstar. There is no seam sealer holding it in, but the dash must be removed to get it out, it's installed from the inside. I'm not sure how difficult that may make installation in an EB since I don't have one for mock up work yet.

windstar.jpg

Anyway, I have 2 Explorer cases and the one Windstar case if anyone in the Mass buy wants one for $35 just let me know.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EFI Guy

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
Also, I guess it's time to officially declare the Mass buy a go!

I hate to use the word "deadline", but I guess it's sort of necessary for this sort of thing. So, everyone that is part of the first round (I'll get a list of names up later tonight), please try to have funds to me by the end of the month. This way other members aren't stuck waiting for theirs to ship. If you can't make it by the end of the month just let me know so I can plan accordingly.

Anybody else that wants in, just PM me, I may be very close to having enough for the second round already.

cscotted

Contributor
I just now saw this thread, i had never been in chat before looking around, i stay in tech mostly, Anyway

If anyone wants to know how EFI guy ( Garry) does business then i can help, he is a standup guy that is a man of his word, i did not buy a harness from him, but looking back it would have saved me hours upon hours upon hours of tedious work that wouldve caused a divorce if i was married. Garry did however get my PCM. An ( EQE3 ) from a 1999 explorer squared away for me , he deleted the PATS, downstream o2 , EGR, and transmission ( i have a c4 ). I installed the computer and it fired and runs to this day with zero issues. I also am not running a VSS with Garry's new tune and have zero issues.

Garry helped me a lot along the way anwsering questions...squared away guy...

If you are thinking of doing an OBD2 swap from an exploder. I recommend going through him, this engine is sweet and runs so smooth.

EFI guy is the real deal and i highly reccomend him

I dont have a link to my thread but search OBD2 distributorless in the tech section.

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
I just now saw this thread, i had never been in chat before looking around, i stay in tech mostly, Anyway

If anyone wants to know how EFI guy ( Garry) does business then i can help, he is a standup guy that is a man of his word, i did not buy a harness from him, but looking back it would have saved me hours upon hours upon hours of tedious work that wouldve caused a divorce if i was married. Garry did however get my PCM. An ( EQE3 ) from a 1999 explorer squared away for me , he deleted the PATS, downstream o2 , EGR, and transmission ( i have a c4 ). I installed the computer and it fired and runs to this day with zero issues. I also am not running a VSS with Garry's new tune and have zero issues.

Garry helped me a lot along the way anwsering questions...squared away guy...

If you are thinking of doing an OBD2 swap from an exploder. I recommend going through him, this engine is sweet and runs so smooth.

EFI guy is the real deal and i highly reccomend him

I dont have a link to my thread but search OBD2 distributorless in the tech section.

Thanks Cscotted... I have read through your thread a few times. Thanks for being a ground breaker!
I appreciate your two thumbs up for Garry.

Doug

cscotted

Contributor
Np, i wish i had seen this thread earlier. Distributors are dinosaurs... Lol. Seriously though kidding remarks aside, i think that this setup is really awesome and folks will like it .

If you want to do the exploder swap EFI GUY Can hook anyone up

OP
OP
EFI Guy

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
Ok, here's the semi-official list for the first round. (Don't worry Mark and Tom, you're on my other list).;) If I goofed the list or missed someone let me know by PM please.

POOH BEAR + Explorer case
crawler73 + Explorer case
904Bronco
akirshbom
tcjones76

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
Is there a picture of this set up on a bronco yet?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

tcjones76

Loc.
Tyngsboro, Ma
I'm in, if I ever get back from Montana, had to stay an extra week.

Ok, here's the semi-official list for the first round. (Don't worry Mark and Tom, you're on my other list).;) If I goofed the list or missed someone let me know by PM please.

POOH BEAR + Explorer case
crawler73 + Explorer case
904Bronco
akirshbom
tcjones76