• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

SpareParts Build Thread...Linked and tons!

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I have taken to wearing a mask when spray painting much of anything. My father in-law had his bladder removed last year and then the cancer spread to his liver. The experts claim that white men are at the highest risk for bladder cancer and it is predomintantly caused by long term exposure the chemical Benzene. I have become a whole lot more conscious about carb cleaners, paints, etc lately.

By the way, other than losing his bladder he is doing remarkably well.

Ben

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I know I should have something, the 2 times I have painted a vehicle probably won't cause much damage, not half as much as smoking. If it hadn't been 6+ years since I have painted I would really look into it. I don't have any plans to paint anything in the future right know.

The Bronco is not a show Bronco, it's for trails, the body work shows just that. If you know me, I built it to play with, not to look at so as much as I would like to say it's show quality, its not. LOL

David

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
My wife loves burgandy or deep maroon also but I know how bad the body work would show on it. I know I could have straightened mine out more with time but it's a trail rig that gets alittle street driving.

David

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
david how are we going to know you now? so you can run with the duncan bunch. ray

I'm sure I find you, I'm not the only one sporting new paint, am I?:) Mine isn't as straight as yours, but is a big improvement over the multi colored look from last year.

David

bronco60-niner

Loc.
leavenworth,ks
I used Nason ful base enamel with Nason clear. The color is a custom color my friend mixed, it has a fine metal flake and a lot of pearl.

David

I used Nason on mine also. Its supposed to be some pretty tough paint.

That color looks pretty good. My wife is wanting something similar on hers.

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
It's alot brighter in the sunlight, hopefully I'll get time to night to put it together. I can't wait myself to see the finished job.

David

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Awesome job David the color is very cool, are we going to see this rig at the next Mo Bronco get together?

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I'm hoping to have it licensed and legal for the next get together. Just depends on how far away it is.

David

OP
OP
SpareParts

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Finally all put back together, cb antenna and CD player has to be reinstalled but thats just plugging them in.

Attachments

• Paint and Body work 7.2008 162 (Medium).jpg
    Paint and Body work 7.2008 162 (Medium).jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 708
  • Paint and Body work 7.2008 167 (Medium).jpg
    Paint and Body work 7.2008 167 (Medium).jpg
    131 KB · Views: 517
  • Paint and Body work 7.2008 169 (Medium).jpg
    Paint and Body work 7.2008 169 (Medium).jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 520
  • Paint and Body work 7.2008 172 (Medium).jpg
    Paint and Body work 7.2008 172 (Medium).jpg