• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Baja Bronco

nico55

Hi,
does anyone have more info on this Bronco? Specs? I absolutely love it!
Cheers,
Nico

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Since that is a Google search which gives a bunch of different Broncos which one are you looking for info on?

OP
OP
N

nico55

The white baja bronco... I'm new to the forum and to Bronco ownership - living in Belgium/Europe and Bronco's are very very rare here. I want to do a some changes on my car, first new wheels and tires and I like the baja look on this one. Are they 35" on 15x8?

elan

Loc.
s
Slow down Nico. By the way, how's the weather? I haven't been to Belgium in a few years. Mostly Holland and Germany.

Take your time. All of these Broncos have been modified.
Sometimes less is more. Don't break out the sawzall just yet.

OP
OP
N

nico55

Thanks for the advice to keep it calm... but I need to do some changes to just make it safe.
I traded the Bronco with my dentist who bought it in California and had it shipped. This is the Bronco when it was for sale: http://www.mainlymusclecars.com/1973-ford-bronco-gray
It looks like a very nice car alla icon4x4, but it was a quick fix to sell it top dollar. Oil dripping out everywhere, runs directly warm and no power to run with those big wheels, full and full of bondo, bad paint job, camouflaged rust. The front passenger wheel is sticking out like 5cm more left side and just a unsettled and unsafe ride. My brother (porsche classic car mechanic) and I will start to get it right, and more suitable for our use: no rocks just the faster gravel trails...
I will try to upload some detail pic's, and hope you guys will have some good suggestions on what to do as we don't now the american 4x4's.
Weather the same as always: rain and grey :)
Cheers, Nico

House

Minutia Militia
I believe that tire was available in a 39" also. They look pretty big!
I remember seeing some specs on that rig on here at one time but
I don't remember the specifics...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome to the Site Nico!! Best suggestion, stay patient, wait for that right one to come along.. there are a few deals out there to be had

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Welcome to the Site Nico!! Best suggestion, stay patient, wait for that right one to come along.. there are a few deals out there to be had

I believe op already a bronco owner Dave. Yawl need to be reading all the post Big Man;D;)

BanditBronco

Those are definitely the 39" version of that tire, if you are on instagram @5150bronco has a similar build with front and rear West Coast Fenders but his is a TTB front end and this one is a solid axle.

68ford

Bronco Guru
That's my friend Steve's bronco. Those are 39s on 17x8s. It's lengthend quite a bit so the tires don't look as big. Full width d44, full float 9in rear. Coilover and bypass shock at each corner. Has a 3 speed atlas. 331 and a c4. Probably the coolest bronco for all types of driving. Does serious rock crawling and high speed prerunni g in Mexico. Small world he was in Germany 2 days ago.

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Gorgeous Bronco, we need more!

b45a487f4e6e637e7383bd98f279c529.jpg

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I believe op already a bronco owner Dave. Yawl need to be reading all the post Big Man;D;)

not what I read at first.. going too fast. Work interfering w/my play time

does anyone have more info on this Bronco? Specs? I absolutely love it!
Cheers,
Nico

OP
OP
N

nico55

Bronco Guru, thank you for the info! It really is the coolest Bronco I have ever seen, classic cool purpose built. Was also in Germany where I traded my 964 porsche for a bronco + cash. They are very rare here, and this one was done in California. To bad it was not done as it should be done... But now I have a winter project :)

OP
OP
N

nico55

I mean 68ford, did not know about guru, newbie, contributor ... it is quite new for me, the first forum I am on. I always had aircooled 911's and I know them very good, but the bronco's are new to me. So thanks for the info and will need to ask you guys for help and info when I begin on the bronco

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
That’s bucn66 on this site. Send him a PM. Who doesn’t like to talk about their own build? And that one was built not bought!

Mark