• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Auto parts store preference

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Im a big fan of Advance Auto online store. I have an account set up with three cars with my 77 bronco being the one most used. I typically put several items in my Cart and get a total. Then I go online and search out “Advanve Auto promo codes” and scour through many of their online codes. Some codes are no longer in use, some are up to date. You just gotta copy n paste to see what works. I just paid $57 on $87 worth of rear drum brake parts this past Monday. The deal was I was to save $30 as long as I paid $85 or more. Years ago I bought a yellow top Optima for $100 after using their 45% online coupon as long as I paid more than $180. I have gone as far as sit outside their store and made online purchases using online promo codes only to walk inside minutes later and my order is ready within 15-20 minutes. I’ve used their online promo codes to buy stuff for my Accord and Ranger as well. It is well worth the time to search out promo codes for any automotive online company.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
About 5 or 6 years ago O'reilly's started taking up space here in Orlando. They were around prior but few of them and not marketed hard at all.
I see and hear more about them now.
I am set in my ways. I have my fav's....Napa and Advance...
But I keep going back to O'reilly's lately...they have more parts on the shelf for older vehicles.
Example:
nobody had a Filter and gasket kit for a C-4 tranny on the shelf,....hell Auto zone said they didn't even stock it or order it, nothing...
O'Reilly's had it on the shelf.

Example:
O'Reilly's has general Holley carb parts like floats, accelerator pump diaphragms, needle and seats, full rebuild kits, ON THE SHELF....

Example:
MSD wires "on the shelf" for a sbf.

Yea....I am starting to like O'Reilly's A LOT...

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Im a big fan of Advance Auto online store. I have an account set up with three cars with my 77 bronco being the one most used. I typically put several items in my Cart and get a total. Then I go online and search out “Advanve Auto promo codes” and scour through many of their online codes. Some codes are no longer in use, some are up to date. You just gotta copy n paste to see what works. I just paid $57 on $87 worth of rear drum brake parts this past Monday. The deal was I was to save $30 as long as I paid $85 or more. Years ago I bought a yellow top Optima for $100 after using their 45% online coupon as long as I paid more than $180. I have gone as far as sit outside their store and made online purchases using online promo codes only to walk inside minutes later and my order is ready within 15-20 minutes. I’ve used their online promo codes to buy stuff for my Accord and Ranger as well. It is well worth the time to search out promo codes for any automotive online company.
I hardly ever use advanced no reason just haven't. I am going to check out the online store stuff, thanks
I usually use oreills, mainly because my son in law was working there. I still use them and are pretty good. there has been a couple of things I looked up online and said they had it in stock and wasn't%)
I really like Napa, the women that works there knows her stuff and been there forever. it's just way on the other side of town:(

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Orilley because I know everyone and everyone knows me - I walk behind the counter to pull brake and fuel line.

My stores get like 8 deliveries a day - so anything I need is at most 2hrs away. I use an account for everything and save big money, but will avoid going to the store if possible. Using an account allows me not to have to keep tract of receipts - as long as it is on the account they can find it (or at least a purchase to warranty off of)

I prefer to buy anything I can online as it is cheaper 95% of the time, but brake, starter and ignition parts are ALWAYS bought locally for warranty.

We have one NAPA store and they have PISS POOR attitudes to the tune that I hear it all over town. We had to use Autozone once last month because they were the only store that had the large old style spark plugs for my 352FE in my 64' Galaxie 500.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Years ago I quit going to NAPA after they treated me like scum for wanting to return something under warranty.
This was before production all moved to China so failures were rarer but still did happen.
Such poor customer service made me a former customer.

KeithKinPhx

Just a quick plug for Advance Auto again. My 1996 Dakota has a bad flex plate. Might as well change out torque converter while down there, right? Cost for Torque at local O'reillys is 99.99 plus core, Flex $54, $20 core and then tax. Total $185.57. Not in stock; needs to come from warehouse across town.
At Advance with 30% discount code the total, tax included, is $112.93 and I get $20 back for core at local store. So basically $93 for a reman torque converter and new flexplate. Seems pretty sweet to me. True its only $70 and I have to wait 3 days to get but I am not in a hurry to pull that tranny anyways. A not so fun Thanksgiving weekend project.

pfdff1115

Contributor
Bronco Builder
Loc.
Jamestown, IN
O'Reilleys cause their warehouse is around the corner, if its not at the store can will call it from the warehouse and have it the same day.:)

laserfish

Locally, used to be AutoZone until they lost anyone who actually knew anything about cars besides how to turn the key. Now it is O'reilley's.
Short story. My daughter and her family are stationed in Washington DC. Son in law works at the Navy Yard. His hobby of choice is a 65 Mustang. Visiting this summer I thought I would help him out during the day by replacing the exhaust donut on the straight six. He warned me that the auto store guys knew nothing but I thought this is easy. Called AutoZone and the guy on the line just could not understand what I wanted. Finally, I hung up frustrated. Next was Advance Auto. Told the guy I had a 65 Mustang with a straight six and started telling him what I needed. He seriously said "wait, go back, who makes a Mustang, Toyota, Nissan, who? I just hung up as my blood pressure medication did not need to be tested. Needless to say, I did not get the exhaust fixed. Guess it just depends on where you are.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
NAPA long time user, until a few years ago they stopped selling common high quality names like Delco, Ford, autolight etc. Most all their parts are now "in house" brands made by who knows what.

Autozon or Rockauto now, reluctantly.

Hazegray

We used to have a quality NAPA store...used to. Years past, I could walk in with a broken part wrapped in a rag and the guy behind the counter would immediately recognize it. Now-a-days, they don't even stock brake lines anymore and no longer open a cross-reference book. Heck, even the guy behind the counter said the "boss" took away the books. Unfortunately, the old, knowledgeable counter workers are long gone and they are looking more like a Autozone these days, plucking away at the computer asking if you A/C... :(

jmangi62

Bronco Guru
I usually go to our vendors first, but if its something I need immediately I'll hit Oreillys, if they don't have it theres a NAPA next door, that'll usually do it, Advanced in a pinch, or RockAuto. ;)