• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NH Start-a-Que confirmed new date

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
August 26 is the date!!!! Green flag drops at 10. Early enough for coffee, late enough for beer

First year was the wrench-a-que. Then it was the weld-a-que. Last year it was the prime-a-que. This year it will be a start-a que!!!!! The punch list is getting shorter and shorter. im targeting to get the underside in final color around memorial day weekend and then top side painted around July 4th. this gives me a couple of weeks to get plumbing hooked up and basic wiring in place.

the drill;

start around 10

coffee

lolly gag

do some work

Tasker shows up

review lolly gag step with Tasker

crank the engine

drink a bunch of beers (homebrew included)

eat too much food

come one come all. Barring any major issues, this should be an achievable date

more details as the date gets closer

see you there

Hank

Last edited:

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Hey Hank, Make sure you post up lots of pics for those of us on the wrong side of the Country! Have a few extra Beers for me too!

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Good lord, MIGS must have motivated you......

You said beer so you know I'll be there;D

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
YOU KNOW I will be there!! Getting excited for ya Hank!! been a long time a coming!!

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hank,

I'm in Brother. Home brew? Gonna have to spend the night this trip!

Roger

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
So painting progress has been slower than I had hoped. I have the next 5 fridays off plus July 4th week. I’m still hopeful that end on July is a go but putting it out there that I may push out until August 25 or 26.

Underside has one coat and is scuffed and ready for final coat. So that is good

I have a pile of fresh parts and supplies so I’m in good shape for a sprint over the next weeks. I’ve been pecking away at wiring harness at night as well. Really hoping to start it up in July but also don’t want to make it too much of a chore.

Hank

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’m definitely pushing out a month. Heat wave and availability of my friend that will help with base and clear on body means I won’t be painting body until mid July at the earliest.

Im banging away at small stuff during this heat wave which means less to do once paint is on.

Hank

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
happy for you! maybe it will kick start mine again!

gray gables

no ac in that awesome barn of yours? Depending on the date I'd like to show up. I know I always say that and I never show up, smh. I'll stay tuned your posts.

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I’m setting the 26th as the date. All this rain is setting back finishing the paint but I’ve been banging away at small stuff in the meantime.

Still lots to do but also still achievable.

Let me know if you need the address.

Come one, come all and watch me cry when it starts

Hank

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
KEEP US POSTED and let me know if you need anything

OP
OP
hankjr

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
More progress this weekend and tonight. I’ve got Thursday afternoon and all day Friday off. The countdown list is populated and barring any major problems, Sunday is still a go

I found a couple spots in the engine bay that were not painted to my satisfaction. Took care of one tonight, the other will have to wait for the body to sit on the chassis. Hoping to do that on Wednesday

Hank

04310758b2ab6e70e49819302f976372.jpg