• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Finally some paint

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Been a long time coming. Was finally able to paint it today. This summer has been hot and muggy and not conducive for painting. I have been waiting for a window to paint and never really got one. I decided to use a very slow activator/reducer and let each stage flash off for a day before applying the next stage of paint. I don't have a booth so temperature and humidity plays a factor. The base was put on yesterday and went down real nice. No runs and flattened out super. Today I sprayed the clear and it went down alright. A couple of runs and a little orange peal but should sand and buff good. Ken

Attachments

• paint 1.jpg
    paint 1.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 154
  • paint 2.jpg
    paint 2.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 143
  • paint 3.jpg
    paint 3.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 141
  • paint 4.jpg
    paint 4.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 141
OP
OP
bronkenn

bronkenn

Contributor
Bronco Guy
Loc.
Southeast Ohio
Looks great. I am assuming you are bolting or gluing your inner fenders on.

Thank you and yes I am bolting on the front inner clip. I made it removable so it will be easier to work on. Ken

Attachments

• P1010009 (2).jpg
    P1010009 (2).jpg
    91 KB · Views: 139

Cooper

Loc.
Northeast
Oh, and thank you for posting the gun specifics above, I was guessing that it was a HVLP of some type.

Last edited:

hankjr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Rock on!!!! That looks great. Such a huge milestone!

Ha k