• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Original wheel options

Stock Farm

I've not pulled a Marti Report on mine but was curious what factory options were available for a '76 Bronco. I've read they has steel wheels in 15 and 16"; did they offer wagon wheels?

How whould the wheels be discribed on the Marti report?
Thanks

76 bronco J

Bronco Guru
>>> don't think the 16x5" wheels were still around in '76.... mine has the Ford 15x6" wagon wheels that they called "painted styled wheels"... don't think Ford put the them on the early broncos originally at the factory,but they could have been put on while on the dealer lot... painted styled wheels may have been out earlier than the factory forged slots & 10 holes that I believe showed up around oct. 1977 ....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwzfCoxGiBE .... easy way to tell if wheels are Ford offerings is they will have the 3 bolt pattern for the center caps.... below is a brochure from back then showing some factory wheel options.... 15x6" aluminum forged slots, 15x6" forged aluminum 10 holes or the painted styled steel wheels in 15x6" & 15x8".....

Attachments

• page6.........jpg
    page6.........jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 210

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
'73 was the last year the 16" steel wheel was an option on the Bronco. In '76 the only wheel from the factory was the standard 15" x 5.5" steel rim and they were grey, not white or argent.

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
fordfan 'ol buddy! Glad you chimed in......gotta question.....I'm thinking about using a set of the old 16"x5" wheels I have (from a '68), will these clear the calipers on a disk front end?? I've been meaning to check that. Thanks!

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey ebman! If you are using the '76-'77 disc or the outers and calipers from a full size, I have never had a problem with original steel wheels. The main issue is clearance issues with the tie rod ends on the inverted Y if you use a wider wheel.

fordfan

Contributor
Bronco Guru
A powder coat color called 'window grey' is very close.

sdraskin

Steel Wheel Center Caps

Does anyone know where I can get dog dish or small chrome hub caps that will fit the stock 15" steel wheels? Thanks!

jckkys

Bronco Guru
Ebay has several dog dish hub caps that fit either the 15" or 16" rims. I keep one of the Ford, made by Kelsey-Hayes 5"X 16" rims for a 7.00X16 military tire as a spare. It's the same diameter as my 31X10.50-15 TAs on the other positions. It's also a lot narrower and lighter to ease the load on the swing away carrier. It's kind of a heavy duty space saving spare, that can be run for 100s of miles if needed.

ron

anyone have a set of Bronco 16"factory steel wheels for sale ?