• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Has any one weighed their bronco

MikeKC130J

Contributor
I'm trying to buy a enclosed trailer has any one weighed their bronco, mine I'd basically stock just bigger wheels and tires. Just need an estimate I was thinking around 3500?

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
I would take it to a place that sells sand and gravel to ask them if they would weigh it for you, or the scales for trucks on the highway (pick a slow time).
There are a lot of near stock Bronco owners here, but most of the people that weigh them are farther from stock.

Whatever it weighs I would suggest getting a trailer rated for more, maybe 1,000 pounds, the extras add up quickly.

stoker

A couple of weeks ago I drove by the Department of Transportation depot one evening and noticed they forgot to turn off the power to the truck scale so I drove on and it registered 1730 kilograms (3813 pounds) without me in it and half a tank of fuel.

OP
OP
MikeKC130J

MikeKC130J

Contributor
I would take it to a place that sells sand and gravel to ask them if they would weigh it for you, or the scales for trucks on the highway (pick a slow time).
There are a lot of near stock Bronco owners here, but most of the people that weigh them are farther from stock.

Whatever it weighs I would suggest getting a trailer rated for more, maybe 1,000 pounds, the extras add up quickly.

Guess your right it's too easy. I'll take it on base and have it done at lunch. Thanks

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
White '68 Stretched 12", all metal, advanced frameworks box frame, ext. 12" 106 wb, al head 392, C4, Atlas, '79 60 front, Tera 60R rear. No inner fenders, old school suspenson- front coils and reaf leaves, double shocks, rear traction bar/antiwrap deal, two beard seats on 6point cage, factory rear bench, empty tool box behind seat. 20 gal NWMP tank, Warn 9500i winch and bumper. Weighed with fuel and 4 42" TSLs 4600lbs no driver

Red and white buggy,106 wb fiberglass body, frame rails,metal dash, mix of 1", !.5" and 1.75" DOM tube, al. floors, al. head 331, C4, Atlas, currie housings, True Hi9 chunks, two beard seats, rear tool box empty,Warn 8000i winch.15.5 gal fuel tank. Weighed with 5 39" Krawlers and fuel. 3600 lbs, no driver

Don't remember how much fuel was in them. Front tires on the buggy were not loaded at the time, synthetic rope on buggy winch
HTH

Attachments

• Red_and_White_twins.jpg
    Red_and_White_twins.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 75

Ol'Blue

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Top on, seats in, heavy duty bumpers with tire rack, full of gas and me in it (195 lbs), roll bar and it was a little over 4k.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Before the bumpers and most of the other stuff I was watching the Friday test and tune drags. They happen to have the scale open so I drove over it. Right at 4k.

If you need a little landscaping rock swing by your local rock and gravel yard and run over there scales. I've left there at nearly 10k in the past. 6k going in with a pickup bed trailer (guessing about 1500), this was after I built up bumpers and loaded a toolbox in the back all the time.

3500 would be a pretty bare Bronco. When trailer shopping, don't forget the weight of the trailer. A typical 7k car trailer is generally maxed out with a bronco on it for a weekend, if not overloaded. Most car trailers of any quality will be around 2k give or take a little bit. Most trailered Broncos are on the fat side, some have tipped the scales at 6k. Most (when filled with a cooler and all the other weekend stuff) will be mid to upper 4k range.

gray gables

I weighed mine at the local dump. Now mine has no doors,top or heater core. has a 289 c4 trans,pwr steering and stock height suspension. Was around 3400lbs I believe. I thought I would have been under 3k with no doors.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
Seems to me mine was 4450 lbs.

With top, doors, 302, AT, 2 tanks, stock bumpers, portable compressor, few tools and me (170)

Edit: forgot roll bar, 33x12.5 on aluminum and tire rack

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
66' u14 was 3300ish and the 71' with no top, extra parts, tools, spare, 36" tires, heavy bumpers, winch was just over 4600 iirc.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
We had to weigh ours to register in WA. It was just over 3600 lbs, but it had just gone on a weight loss campaign.
BTW, lower weight trumps horsepower. It's amazing how weight can affect performance and handling.;)

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We had to weigh ours to register in WA. It was just over 3600 lbs, but it had just gone on a weight loss campaign.
BTW, lower weight trumps horsepower. It's amazing how weight can affect performance and handling.;)

X2- my 3600lb buggy with the little 331 was almost 50hp at the wheels less than my 392 full bodied stretched bronco, BUT much more responsive at 1000lb less weight :)

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Mine weights in at 5000, no top no doors. That's with a 351w, C6, alum. doubler, NP 205, D60 and 14 bolt, 39.5 Swampers, all the trail gear loaded and fuel.

Digger556

When I bought mine:

Soft top, Front seats only, 35s, simple roll BAR, 1/2 tank fuel
3750 lbs

Now with seating for 4, full cage, bumpers, tire carrier, 37's, full widths, Atlas II, bigger fuel tank, handful of accessories:
4500 lbs

knack

Contributor
Mine weighed in at 4540. Half cab, soft doors, winch, 32" tires on steel wheels, heavy bumpers, stock 302, auto, both tanks full of fuel.

bknbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
North Metro, MN
mine just came in just under 4000lbs. glass tub, soft top, 37" tires, full tank of gas.

I needed to calculate the weight carrying need of a enclosed trailed im ordering to haul my bronco as well. Probably get a 8.5'x24' with 9' foot interior ceiling height and a 7.5' rear door height. Ill probably step up to some 6k axles instead of the 5k ones alot of the trailer have (some even have 3k axles but that seems stupid on any enclosed trailer)