• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

76 Bronco - Special Decor Build

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have not posted for awhile with this thread, but a lot has been accomplished.

I have a new Dash from BC since the PO absolutely butchered the original. Same Gauge Pod location, moved Glove Box left 5 inches and I installed an AC vent on each end and a larger vent will go in the center just under the AC controller.

I have the coolant system waiting that includes a Champion, 5.0 Conversion Radiator and hoses.

I also found another nice set of 69 Mustang seats (just like original Bronco with Head Rests) that I will finish in Parchment.

I have all the weather stripping, Body Hardware (Bolts and Clips) and trim pieces ready to install too.

Only a few other items to purchase.

The body color is going back to all original Dark Blue Metallic with the White Decor Stripe. Top will be the same color as body or Wimbledon White as original.

Not sure if I will be putting LineX down on this one or not. But it always looks great when done.

Now if the body shop could get something done so I can start re-assembling.

Pictures soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I just picked up a set of the Dodge 17x7" wheels. (pretty much gave them to me) They have about 4.5" of Back Spacing and I will mount 265x70x17 Tires. Not sure if I will put caps and rings on or not???

The body shop has the doors, top, tailgate, fenders and hood stripped prepped and primed. So some progress has been made there.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I sent the 17" wheels to my buddies machine shop to bore the center so the front hubs would fit. I also wanted some holes tapped for the later bronco center Caps. I will mount the center caps and some rings to see how it looks, then I will paint them Argent Silver as Special Decor wheels were.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Couple updated pics for you.

265x70x17" Toyo AT2 tires. The 17x7" Dodge Wheels have been tapped for later Bronco Center Caps.

Attachments

• 76 Bronco - Rolling Chassis.jpg
    76 Bronco - Rolling Chassis.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 148
  • 76 Bronco - Rolling Chassis 2.jpg
    76 Bronco - Rolling Chassis 2.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 76 Bronco - 17%22 Tire and Wheel.jpg
    76 Bronco - 17%22 Tire and Wheel.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have decided to go with Wimbledon White for Body Paint color with the Decor Black Grill and Core Support. I will also add the Black Decor vinyl stripe kit.

A Special Decor Bronco is kinda hard to find and a White one is pretty rare still. It will at least be unique.

Here is a picture of what I am looking for but add the Black stripe to it.

Attachments

• 76 Bronco - White : Black Grill.jpg
    76 Bronco - White : Black Grill.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 172
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Rox Crusher - Thanks

The Wimbledon White has been my favorite ever since Nick restored a U13 for me a few years ago. (Rt. 66 Restoration on his website)

Now if the body shop will kick it into gear we can get some things done. Been in primer for awhile now, but everything else is waiting on them.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Finally getting back to work on this Bronco.

Hydroboost System is mocked up, complete and ready to install. Just a few fittings and lines to get.

The Painless Wire Harness is almost complete. I mocked up on the shop table after taking some engine compartment and other measurements. I also used the original harness as a templet to go by. I will add a relay box for all the Accessory wiring.

The Body Tub should be ready to paint by the end of this month. Then I can assemble the Doors, Tailgate and Dash and fit the rest of the Body Panels prior to taking back to my place.

A Little Progress.

Bronco will look like picture in Post #45 and Add Black Decor Stripe.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hydroboost System:

- 94-95 Astro Van Booster and MC
- 76-77 Bronco, Original Power Brake Booster Bracket
- Conversion Parts from eBay
- 6AN Fittings For Booster
- Diagram For Line Install
- Inverted Flare Fittings for Steering Box and Pump - Not pictured

I will use PTFE Braided Lines with 6AN Fittings to complete the install.

I will be using a Saginaw Power Steering Pump with Dual Return.

Attachments

• Hydroboost Diagram.jpg
    Hydroboost Diagram.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 155
  • Hydroboost - Complete.jpg
    Hydroboost - Complete.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Hydroboost Conversion.jpg
    Hydroboost Conversion.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 141
  • Hydroboost Fittings.jpg
    Hydroboost Fittings.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Hydroboost Parts - 1.jpg
    Hydroboost Parts - 1.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I Switched to 351C Motor.

Attachments

• 76 Bronco Intake.jpg
    76 Bronco Intake.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 168
  • 76 Bronco Intake - 2.jpg
    76 Bronco Intake - 2.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 161
  • 76 Bronco Intake - 3.jpg
    76 Bronco Intake - 3.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I am also going to use a Gibson Superflow muffler. This one has a 7" Diameter and 19" Long Case. It is also Chambered with NO packing. I had one on my 77 as well and loved the sound. Kinda looks like a larger stock replacement. 2 1/2" inlets and 3" outlet at stock loocation. These mufflers are also reversible so there are many configurations possible.

Attachments

• 76 Bronco exhaust.jpg
    76 Bronco exhaust.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 144
  • 76 Bronco exhaust - 2.jpg
    76 Bronco exhaust - 2.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 142
  • 76 Bronco Exhaust - 3.jpg
    76 Bronco Exhaust - 3.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 144
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have been prepping the body for paint. All the extra mods have been done for wire harness install (EFI and Chassis), additional holes in firewall for AC system, et.

Next is hanging all the body panels, doors and setting the top.

I still have a few parts to order (don't we all) but the list is getting shorter.

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
As my signature implies, I have changed my mind on various items and build choices.

Body Paint Color has been changed to the Recent Ford Magnetic, Charcoal Gray color. I will also get the Decor Stripe Kit in a Matt Black.

I'll keep all posted with pictures of parts included and install.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Revised and changed to FAST Retrofit Multiport EZ-EFI 2.0

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We have Paint!!!

We finally have some paint in the engine compartment of the 76 Bronco!!! Ford Magnetic paint. Looks like a Dark Charcoal.

The tub will go on the Rolling Chassis (which has been waiting for months) Monday. Then, I will be mocking up doors, hood, fenders and see how it all fits and what needs to be done to be squared up.

Attachments

• 76 Bronco - Magnetic Engine Compartment.jpg
    76 Bronco - Magnetic Engine Compartment.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 160

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Looks amazing.The top of those inner fender wells looks like glass! That is going to be slick!!

OP
OP
R

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks - The guy I use for Body work is amazing. He did my last Green 77 as well. Pictures don't do it justice.

This one will have the Special Decor paint theme as well. Black core support and grill insert with matt Black stripe across the hood and along the sides.

Will also have Magnetic Top, Black Interior and, I think, Argent wheels. Not sure about wheels yet???

LUBr LuvR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Know you've been working on this one awhile Ray, and here's proof it was worth the extra time and effort - really looks great! Can't wait to how it comes along. Keep the pictures coming!