• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco Winter Wonderland!!

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Same here in the Green Bay area. Those pictures were from about 5 years ago. We'll get the snow, it's just a matter of when...

I know, I'm just sad. Brown Christmas FTL - I was really looking forward to those late snowy nights when the roads are a ghost town and I can be found driving my Bronco sideways around every corner, pulling stuck people out of ditches and going through a tank of gas every night :cool:

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
this is my 78 F250 crew cab and my 53 Willis M38A1.
I had a 53 m38 A1, bought it from a farmer who used to pull a hay wagon. When I found it he hadn't used it in about 2 yrs and it was packed full of dogfood bags. I gave him $150, and let him keep the dogfood bags, took it home, cleaned out the carb and fired it up, it was a good heep. I later sold it to a friend of mine.
Here are a few from last December, all in the same day, by the time we got to the top there was close to 24". We are still waiting on winter it seems to be all west of the Miss river so far

Attachments

• tellico december 2010 003.jpg
    tellico december 2010 003.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 282
  • tellico december 2010 020.jpg
    tellico december 2010 020.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 970
  • tellico december 2010 015.jpg
    tellico december 2010 015.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 258
  • tellico december 2010 009.jpg
    tellico december 2010 009.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 214
  • tellico december 2010 007.jpg
    tellico december 2010 007.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 256
  • tellico december 2010 005.jpg
    tellico december 2010 005.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 240

Bullitt94

Loc.
Marshfield, WI
I know, I'm just sad. Brown Christmas FTL - I was really looking forward to those late snowy nights when the roads are a ghost town and I can be found driving my Bronco sideways around every corner, pulling stuck people out of ditches and going through a tank of gas every night :cool:

Ha! Playing "beat the plow" is a favorite game of mine, too! ;D

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
I had a 53 m38 A1, bought it from a farmer who used to pull a hay wagon. When I found it he hadn't used it in about 2 yrs and it was packed full of dogfood bags. I gave him $150, and let him keep the dogfood bags, took it home, cleaned out the carb and fired it up, it was a good heep. I later sold it to a friend of mine.
Here are a few from last December, all in the same day, by the time we got to the top there was close to 24". We are still waiting on winter it seems to be all west of the Miss river so far

Surfer great pictures man!!!! Wow! Love it when the trees are full of it!!

muskrat

Bronco Guru
White soft top

I'm digging that white soft top on the blue one.... Can you get one like that anymore?
anybody spot the brand on that ?

Bronco Nick has one for sale. He just sent me a text about it last week. Look up Delconick.

Bullitt94

Loc.
Marshfield, WI

We finally got some accumulating snow last night! However, only about an inch...

Tuck

Here's one of mine in the Florida panhandle snow...oh wait, that's sand... :cool:

Haven't seen snow in quite a while, but loving the pics!

Attachments

• DSCN1163 [800x600].jpg
    DSCN1163 [800x600].jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 161

Nobody

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stanwood
Some video from New Years Day

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CThu71ES5xE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CThu71ES5xE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the video - looks fun. I wish there was land like that around here to play in...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CThu71ES5xE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CThu71ES5xE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Good stuff man.. :)

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ

You guys always have the best vids!!! Thank you!

JimAndA72

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
Headed out toward Brown's Camp to go shooting and wheeling today with some friends. The roads were crazy treacherous. Cars crashing all over the place but luckily at low speeds. It wasn't deep snow, but it was packed solid like ice. Could barely walk on it. We were stuck along with about 15 other vehicles so we had to park on the side of the road and wait for about a half hour. A Dodge pulling a trailer left the road right at the entrance of Brown's Camp so we had to find a different spot. Wasn't a big deal. We were having fun. Anyway all of the wheeling roads were blocked off so there wasn't anything good for video. Still got to go shooting though. Here's a couple pics of my rig in the snow. Finally. We're going to try again in a couple weeks.

Attachments

• 2012-01-15 11.52.07.jpg
    2012-01-15 11.52.07.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 2012-01-15 11.52.19.jpg
    2012-01-15 11.52.19.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 2012-01-15 11.52.31.jpg
    2012-01-15 11.52.31.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 152
OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Headed out toward Brown's Camp to go shooting and wheeling today with some friends. The roads were crazy treacherous. Cars crashing all over the place but luckily at low speeds. It wasn't deep snow, but it was packed solid like ice. Could barely walk on it. We were stuck along with about 15 other vehicles so we had to park on the side of the road and wait for about a half hour. A Dodge pulling a trailer left the road right at the entrance of Brown's Camp so we had to find a different spot. Wasn't a big deal. We were having fun. Anyway all of the wheeling roads were blocked off so there wasn't anything good for video. Still got to go shooting though. Here's a couple pics of my rig in the snow. Finally. We're going to try again in a couple weeks.

Wow sounds like a crazy day! Your truck (Black on White) looks awesome! Did you get to pull out anybody?

JimAndA72

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
Wow sounds like a crazy day! Your truck (Black on White) looks awesome! Did you get to pull out anybody?

I had my tow straps and was willing to pull people out, but seriously without tire chains I wouldn't have been able to get any traction on this stuff. I grew up driving in Chicago winters and I don't remember snow this slippery. There was a Toyota Tacoma that stopped right ahead of me. We had all gotten out of our trucks because traffic was at a total stand still. This guy's truck just started sliding sideways, in park. Luckily the gravel trucks came by after not too long and we only had to drive back about 3 miles to get past the snow line.

Thanks for the compliment on my rig. I'm thinking about getting some chains for my 33's now. lol

OP
OP
motoman

motoman

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
This picture is my window to the outside today at my office!!! Day dreaming away!!!! Thanks Surfer-b!

attachment.php