• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Show me your LED LIGHT BARS please, thank you!

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Hi Guys,

I recently saw a very cool Bronco on the 405 freeway at night. It was matte black, mid 70s, big lift, 36inch tires (I'm guessing) with a massive LED light bar mounted above the windshield frame. I flashed my fog lights to say hi and he flashed the light bar as he passed me doing 80mph+ and wow that monster was bright!

Now I'm thinking... wouldn't it be nice to mount one of those LED bars on my 66 but I know nothing of LED light bars and I don't know how it would mount.

So, can you please post some photos of your LED light bars? Also, can you state what kind it is, flood/spot, brand, price, size and how it's mounted?

Thank you and Happy Friday!
Chris

PS Sorry if this thread has already been done.

OP
OP
taipeichris

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Piglet,

WOW! That's an expensive light bar mount! What size bar does it run?

Anyone else running LED light bars? Anyone???

Happy Sunday!
:cool:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
If you think that mount is expensive, you have not priced good light bars.

Good light bars make great light and are nearly indestructible.
Cheap light bars will start failing the first time they see rain and will never have the light output of the high end stuff.

I have friends who go through light bars on a frequent basis. Sometimes they get a good one. Usually they just justify the cheap ones in that they can replace them a few times for the cost of a good one. Hoping that one of the cheap ones turns out to be made good.

You may have been blinded by a bright light, that does not make it a good light. How well is that light actually put to the ground. Horrible focus glare looks bright, but doesn't get you squat for functionality. If all you are after are style points, the cheap china specials will be perfect. If you actually want good light, companies like Rigid Industries will actually publish the light pattern for there lights. The same style light is offered with multiple beam patterns.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
i put a 50" bar on the "Club" build i did a few years ago. i made my own mount that uses the top of the windshield frame holes vs bolting to the face of the frame. it was super solid and didn't put more holes in the body should the owner opt for a different look later on. it's on the website

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I wana install one facing back so all them idiots driving around w. them on can see what I can see ! I extend the same courtesy to all driving around w. high beams on !

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
i put a 50" bar on the "Club" build i did a few years ago. i made my own mount that uses the top of the windshield frame holes vs bolting to the face of the frame. it was super solid and didn't put more holes in the body should the owner opt for a different look later on. it's on the website

Under builds?

JUST noticed that the WH's rear shackles are your product, May have to get them now since I know who makes them.. After my Break at OCBR haha

(not trying to hijak Chris) sorry

Attachments

• IMG_1541.jpg
    IMG_1541.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1543.jpg
    IMG_1543.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 54

Justafordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I installed a 50" LED up top and a 20" on the bumper. I also installed LED headlights and 4" LEDs on the rear Bumber. These things are super bright. :cool:

Attachments

• 2017-01-08 13.05.36.jpg
    2017-01-08 13.05.36.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 111
  • 2016-01-09 15.13.42.jpg
    2016-01-09 15.13.42.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 81

Bukin 67

Bronco Abuser
50" Rigid "spot" with my custom fabbed brackets

Attachments

• LED4.jpg